On Friday, 25th November Farmopolis Café will invite Jason Wass from Polpo for Floating Table, our incredible new series of communal feasts set in the unique floating garden on the Jetty at Greenwich Peninsula.
Jason started his culinary career with Nick Nairn in Scotland before moving to Dubai to work at Gordon Ramsay’s Zerre. Promoted to Executive Sous Chef at the 5* Jumeirah Beach Hotel, he was responsible for opening all the hotel’s restaurants. He returned to England in 2012 and spent the next two years in product development for Benugo Group before becoming the launch Head Chef for Polpo Notting Hill. He is now responsible for food and back of house operations across all Polpo restaurants: six across London (Soho, Covent Garden, Smithfield, Chelsea and Notting Hill) as well as in Brighton and Bristol.
Floating Table will take place from November to January. Each chef will create a stunning sharing feast served on long communal tables and surrounded by thousands of plants and trees rehomed from the RHS Chelsea Flower Show earlier this year. With the iconic Thames riverside as a backdrop and space limited to 60 diners, Floating Table promises to be one of the best dining experiences of the festive season in London.
Helping all Floating Table chefs will be trainee chefs from Café from Crisis, a social training enterprise.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Tickets are 100% refundable 72 hours’ prior the event
14. Tickets are non-refundable if cancellation is after 72 hours’ prior the event or in case of no show
As the London division of the international premium caterer Kofler & Kompanie with culinary roots dating back to 1823, K&K London Ltd. brings innovative, high quality international cuisine to London and the UK.
Farmopolis is a major new urban farming destination in London – a micro-city of experiential production, a pioneering new model for public green space bringing together farming, food, arts and culture.
The Great Plant Rescue is Phase 1 on The Jetty at Greenwich Peninsula – our floating garden made possible by an exciting partnership with RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2016.
With sights set on the future, we are planning a makers-space and food incubator, large-scale event and festival spaces, hydroponic farming and sustainable innovations, green spaces and orchards, farm-to-table restaurants and major art commissions, community engagement and event programming year-round across the harvest seasons.
Fantastic food, gorgeous setting and a lovely, friendly crowd! Farmopolis is just terrific, with art exhibitions and first-class dinner parties like this one from Polpo. Really glad I went!
visited Farmopolis On The Jetty on 25 Nov 2016