Middle Eastern flavours at Mortimer House members' club. As part of the multi-million-pound refurbishment of Mortimer House, Mortimer House Kitchen is housed in the six-floor Art Deco building in Fitzrovia. Alongside a gym, meeting rooms and communal spaces, the ground floor restaurant which is open…
Wiggle For Wellness Brunch
- Mortimer House
Wiggle your way into the weekend with a ‘Wiggle For Wellness’ Brunch Experience at Mortimer House!
Wiggle For Wellness is a Female Empowerment and Well Being concept inspired by the art of Burlesque. Presented by U.K expert Miss Polly Rae, it is time to “shake what your Mama gave ya!” with one fabulous hour of wiggles, giggles, shimmies and fun, all combined together to leave you feeling inspired, energised, exhilarated and full of joy. A class designed for the mind, body and soul aimed at helping you get active, build self-esteem and confidence and create a strong, positive body image.
“I believe that EVERY woman deserves to feel great about themselves. What you are and what you have right now is perfect and beautiful. Because it’s YOU. With a delicate and approachable method, I encourage you to embrace your body, your power, your sensuality and your ability to love yourself through movement and verbal coaching.” Miss Polly Rae
Burlesque is an artform that dates back to the late 18th Century. Traditionally Female – led it has evolved many times over the years and is now widely enjoyed by many as a celebration of the female form and as a gateway to self-confidence and self-love.
“I have been a leading artist and teacher in the Burlesque world for over 14 years. I have always found the greatest pleasure in witnessing the impact my classes have had on the 100’s of students that have come my way. I love to help Women discover themselves in ways that they haven’t before.”
The session will begin with a brief introduction to Burlesque and how it can be used to connect with your femininity and self-confidence. You will then learn a collection of dance movements. You'll be wiggle, jiggle, shimmy and strut the time away, all behind a carefully selected sassy sound track. Once you have mastered the moves we will combine them into a routine for you to remember and practice at home, complete with the class playlist!
No experience or special ability necessary, as long as you identify as female and you are over 16, this is a class for you!
After guests have had their wiggle they will dine in the intimate surrounds of the Mortimer House Living Room and Den on the delicious bottomless brunch buffet. The hearty, healthy and diverse menu includes dishes Spinach Shakshuka with Hen Egg, Charcoal Cauliflower with Greek Yoghurt and Za’atar and for a sweet treat, French Toast topped with Wild Berries and Maple Syrup. All of which are complemented by wholesome smoothies or bubbles and Bloody Mary’s for those who want something a little stronger after all the Shimmies.
About Your Teacher:
International Burlesque Star Miss Polly Rae is best known for her critically acclaimed West End spectacular ‘The Hurly Burly Show’ which she co-created with renowned creative director William Baker (Kylie Minogue, Rihanna, Britney Spears). The show, the biggest Burlesque spectacular London has seen to this day, ran for 3 years in the West End and toured to many countries including Australia and South Africa.
Among that, Miss Polly has enjoyed a highly successful career in the business spanning nearly 14 years. Publicly and as a show Producer she has wowed crowds with a 6 year residency at London’s legendary Hippodrome with the ‘Soho Burlesque Club’, has had four critically acclaimed seasons of her show ‘Between The Sheets’ at the Underbelly Festival, shows at the Royal Albert Hall and many more.
As a teacher, Polly trained with The London Academy of Burlesque in 2007 and has travelled the world sharing her knowledge in Burlesque and Female Empowerment.
About Mortimer House:
Housed in a majestic six-floor Art Deco building in the heart of London’s Fitzrovia, Mortimer House provides a new experience for those who wish to create, work and unwind in equal measure. Founded upon a philosophy of providing holistic balance in work and life, it is intended to satisfy the needs of both the head and the heart. Intuitively designed team offices, meeting rooms, event spaces, living room, terrace, studio and gym effortlessly meld mid-century design touches with the classicism of the original building, providing an intimate membership experience. Mortimer House is also home to ground floor restaurant Mortimer House Kitchen, which is open to the public and serves exceptional Mediterranean cuisine.
Tickets £40.00 for Class and Brunch
*Includes Food Service Charge
*Drinks are not Included. Free-flowing packages available.
Class: 11am – 12pm
Brunch: 12pm - 4pm
What To Bring:
Comfortable clothing/clothing you would use for exercise e.g Yoga
Spaces are strictly limited - Book Now!
Class Images Courtesy of RESTFEST 2019 by Bee Holmes
|11:00 - 16:00
37 - 41, Mortimer Street, W1T 3JP
Goodge Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.