The second location from the world's only vampire-themed pizzeria, this restaurant and bar near Mornington Crescent is a must-visit for fans of 80's nostalgia, quirky pizza toppings and a touch of ridiculousness in their restaurant. From the Frog Brothers Special of apple smoked ham, artichokes and…
History And Mystery of Absinthe - talk and tasting with Ted Breaux @ Croque Monsieur
- Lost Boys Pizza & Croque Monsieur
Absinthe talk and tasting with Ted Breaux
7-9pm, Talk and
tasting hosted by Absinthe Royalty Jenny Gardener and The Reverend Ted
Breaux who is swooping in from New Orleans!
Ticket includes pizza buffet by Lost Boys Pizza and bar is open till midnight aferwards.
from being an all round geezer, Ted is the man responsible for not only
getting the Absinthe Ban lifted in the USA but also for producing some
of our very favourite expressions of Absinthe; the Jade range.
T. A. Breaux is a native New Orleanian and research scientist who has dedicated over 20
years of research toward resolving the mysteries and myths associated
with absinthe. His mission to painstakingly reconstruct historically
accurate examples of the controversial spirit gave rise to Jade Liqueurs
(www.jadeliqueurs.com). Breaux codirected the effort to lift the USA’s
95-year ban on absinthe, which came to fruition on March 5th, 2007 with
the launch of Lucid Absinthe Supérieure. The following year, Breaux was
similarly engaged in reversing the last vestiges of the original French
ban, which allowed absinthe to be formally recognized in that country.
His work has been lauded throughout the press and media in the USA,
Europe, and Australia since 2000, including numerous national television
appearances (The History Channel, Discovery Channel, CBS, MSNBC, Travel
Channel, PBS, etc.). Breaux has co-authored published scientific
studies on vintage absinthe in peer-reviewed journals (Journal of
Agricultural and Food Science), and coauthored the book, "Absinthe: The
Exquisite Elixir" (Fulcrum Publishing - ISBN: 1682750019). Breaux's
reputation for being a staunch promoter of truth and accuracy of
information and education in all matters absinthe is surpassed only by
his limitless passion for recreating history through the fine art of
History & Mystery of Absinthe
Tasting and Talk with Ted Breaux
|20:00 - 22:00||£25.00|
245 Eversholt Street NW1 1BA
Mornington Crescent (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.