Based in Bethnal Green right at the border with the East London's borough of Hackney, The Hive is a coffee shop by day and a natural wine bar by night. They roast their coffee, they import their wine and they source their produce locally. The Hive is all about organic lifestyle and healthy living without…
RADIKON WINE TASTING + PIZZA
- No reviews.
- The Hive
Marco Tassone & Ilaria Giovannini are the founders of SIXTYFOUR/EIGHTY. Their entrepreneurial journey started eight years ago with a small coffee shop in Bethnal Green. It has now grown into The Hive where the event is taking place. Via the Hive, the couple started working with small artisan winemakers who produce organic, biodynamic and natural wine. This has fuelled their desire to make their own biodynamic wine. Their long term vision is to make the first and best biodynamic Alta Langa.This tasting and supper club is sixtyfour/eighty's second event in a series of events which will focus on organic, biodynamic or natural wines paired with nutritious and sustainable food.
This time, we have something very special up our sleeve.
Enter RADIKON - a winery located in Oslavia, in the north-east of Italy (close to the Slovenian border). Radikon pioneered the movement towards natural and orange wines. When the late Stanko Radikon first started working with a local indigenous grape variety called Ribolla Gialla, he soon decided that it needs to be treated differently to reach its full potential. This has mainly been achieved through prolonged skin contact, a method of vinification already used by Stanko's grandfather. Combined with long periods of barrel and bottle ageing, a truly unique taste is achieved as well as a robustness which allowed Radikon to entirely eliminate the use of sulfites. All Radikon wines are now created in this way. The result is unusual orange and red wine with astronomical complexity, high ageing potential and deep, wild, flavours.
We are going to taste three incredible Radikon wines with you OR four Radikon wines, if you only do the wine tasting:
- Jakot, 2009
- Ribolla Gialla, 2010
- Slatnik, 2017
- Oslavje, 2006 (wine tasting only)
For our second event, we teamed up with Sarah & Rich, two amazing individuals, who want to redefine an Italian original - Pizza! This event marks the start of Flat Earth's 6 month residency at the Hive.
Enter FLAT EARTH - forget the sourdough, Neapolitan base that is often more style over substance; Flat Earth's dough is made with locally sourced flour and their pizzas are WILD. They use seasonal, local and often foraged ingredients to top their base. They also love fermented toppings.Flat Earth's values lie in ensuring that their ingredients ooze integrity, so they can create delicious food that's good to eat and cruelty free. They also want to build a community that allows them to collaborate with like-minded people to raise awareness of the greater good of eating well. Flat Earth aim to bring people together, breaking bread over engaging conversation.
Each ticket includes one pizza, made on the night and baked in a pizza oven at the venue.
- Vegetarian option: Wildes 5 cheese pizza with pickled Essex samphire on a caramelised onion passata base
- Vegan option: Pickled rainbow carrot & lemon nut yoghurt on a Sesame, olive oil and thyme base garnished with wild leaves
We reserve the right to cancel the event at any time; in the rare eventuality this should happen you will receive a full refund.
With the purchase of a ticket, you grant permission that we can take pictures and videos of you as part of the event and distribute them for promotional purposes. If you are not happy with this, please send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any allergies that we need to be aware of, please also send an Email to email@example.com.
Radikon wine tasting & Pizza
Taste 3 Radikon wines & vegan OR vegetarian pizza
|19:00 - 23:00||£25.00|
Radikon wine tasting
Taste 4 Radikon wines
|19:00 - 23:00||£20.00|
286-290 Cambridge Heath Rd, E2 9DA
Cambridge Heath (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.