‘Guardian’s Critics Choice’ and Award winning former ‘Totally Naff Tart’ returns to the Edinburgh Festival with her quirky, sassy, bittersweet new solo show.
Victoria’s life is in crisis. Just the wrong side of 45, skint and having to do any low paid humiliating job that comes her way whilst grieving over two losses – her fathers death and her long term partner Richard, who walked out on her shortly afterwards for a younger, pert, prettier, successful creature.
‘Dancing With Jack’ is a poignant slice of life tale with a comic twist about love and loss. The show combines storytelling, stand up and original acoustic songs.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
The Rosemary Branch was once a Victorian music hall, and so theatre and performance are soaked into its beams and rafters. The legend goes that such greats as Charlie Chaplin, Marie Lloyd and many others performed here.
The Rosemary Branch Theatre is managed by interactive performance company Unattended Items, who take over as residents from June 2016. Unattended Items is led by artistic directors Genevieve Taricco and Scarlett Plouviez Comnas, and you can see what else the transatlantic duo are up to at www.unattended.london.
2016 marked the 20 year anniversary of Cecilia Darker and Cleo Sylvestre as artistic directors of the theatre, who have now both decided to take a back seat in order to pursue New Adventures. Under their stewardship, the Rosie has blossomed – winning Best Fringe Theatre Award (2010) from Fringe Report, Best Neighbourhood Theatre Silver Award from Smooth FM, and Most Welcoming Theatre (2013 & 2016) from the Off West End Awards. They have worked tirelessly for two decades to provide an eclectic mix of entertainment, and to provide a safe and supportive place for all areas of emerging talent.