The George Inn is London's last remaining Galleried Inn and is truly historic dating back to the 1700's. It is set in an open air courtyard so serves as a great London beer garden in the summer. It is full of charm and traditional ales inside and is well worth exploring inside with historical artifacts…
Southwark Ale and Borough Beer: a brewery heritage and beer tour
Discover Southwark’s beery past and present in the company of an expert on this fascinating short evening walking tour, including important heritage sites and a visit to a working brewery with beers included.
Hear how Southwark ale loosened the tongues of Chaucer’s pilgrims, discover how London brewers revolutionised the industry on the original site of Shakespeare’s Globe, admire the splendour of the Victorian Hop Exchange, find a dray horse amidst the winding streets of Dickens’ Jacob’s Island, wonder at the industrial grandeur of the old Courage brewery and get some of best views of iconic Tower Bridge and the Thames, once the heart of the world’s biggest port. End with a brewhouse tour and a pint of fine cask ale at one of the new generation of Bermondsey breweries.
Your host for the tour is renowned London beer expert and Accredited Beer Sommelier Des de Moor, author of The CAMRA Guide to London’s Best Beer, Pubs and Bars, tutored tasting host and experienced walk and tour leader.
We start at the the Borough’s last remaining historic galleried coaching inn and finish at Southwark Brewing, a short walk from Tower Bridge.
Total walking on this tour is 2½ miles (4 km) through easy territory with plenty of stops along the way. Tours operate rain or shine and comfortable shoes and outdoor clothing essential. We’ll be stopping at heritage sites rather than pubs or working breweries until we reach the end so this is definitely not a pub crawl. Maximum group size is 15. We can also provide this tour as a private booking: contact us for details.
Our price includes:
- Expert guiding and commentary
- Brewhouse tour at Southwark Brewing
- Pint (or two halves) of beer per person at end
77 Borough High Street SE1 1NH
London Bridge (Tube)
77 Borough High Street SE1 1NH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.