The Rosemary Branch does a bit of everything in a cosy atmosphere. After work drinks, catch up with friends, Sunday lunch with the family are all popular activities at The Rosemary Branch.
Examining the Materials of Performance
- The Rosemary Branch
A weekly drop-in workshop series for performance makers inspired by the Six Viewpoints theory and practice.
Originated by choreographer Mary Overlie, the Six Viewpoints is a study that establishes and expands the base of performance by inquiring into the vocabulary of the basic materials that are found in the creation of all art: space, shape, time, emotion, movement and story.
This is a space for us to rediscover and explore the materials and practice working within horizontal hierarchies.
These sessions are for theatre, dance and performance artists of all disciplines, including directors, designers, dramaturgs, stage managers and technicians - all welcome.
No movement experience is necessary.
Please wear comfortable clothes and footwear you can move in.
About the workshop leader:
Ria Samartzi is a UK based director, dramaturg and performance maker from Greece. She has a BA in Physical Theatre from East 15 Acting School and has trained extensively with the SITI Company and choreographer Mary Overlie in the Six Viewpoints. Ria is an associate artist with Foreign Affairs Theatre company.
Credits include: Dramaturg on The Wetsuitman by Freek Mariën Rose Lipman Building 2023, R&D director on Baghdaddy by Jasmine Naziha Jones BOLD Studios, dramaturg on Bourne by Megan Smith VAULT Festival 2020, director on Unterstadt -The Story of an Osijek Family by Ivana Sojat and Stlako Sviben Rose Lipman Building 2019, creative associate on The Brownie Club by Jessica Lucia Andrade Jackson’s Lane 2018.
Price: Pay What You Can cash and card payment available
A note on the pricing: These sessions are not externally funded and the suggested fee is £10 per session. However, if this or any amount is prohibitive please join us anyway and pay what you can.
We encourage patrons to wear a mask while moving around the building and when seated in the theatre.
Seating is not socially distanced. The theatre is ventilated before and after every performance with regular and thorough cleaning of touch points. Hand sanitiser and face masks are available onsite.
We regret that our theatre is up a flight of stairs with no wheelchair access available.
A black & white image of a movement studio with 3.5 large Victorian style windows visible along the back wall. 7 people are sitting cross legged or kneeling on the floor in front of the windows. A person is standing in the mid ground with their arms lifted and extended in a V-shape on the sides of their head and one leg lifted as if they are about to take a step.
Image credit: Megan Hanley
Pay what you can
|11:00 - 13:00||£5.00|
Pay what you can - suggested price
|11:00 - 13:00||£10.00|
Pay what you can
|11:00 - 13:00||£15.00|
2, Shepperton Road, N1 3DT
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Rosemary Branch Theatre
More from The Rosemary Branch Theatre
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.