City dwellers who want to grow their own food, don't look any further! Organic salad farmer (Growing Communities) and eco-community kitchen founder (Made In Hackney), Sarah Bentley shares her experiences and tips on growing food in the city and how you can get started, either in your own garden/balcony or as part of a community project. Her colourful tales of the realities of setting up two organic salad growing sites in Hackney will entertain, whilst the end of the talk will cover practical tips to get beginner growers off to a great start.
Growing Communities is an award winning vegetable box scheme, organic farmers market and collection of market gardens and patchwork farms. Sarah Bentley is a Patchwork Farmer growing salad with two fellow local food activists which they then sell to the Growing Communities veg box scheme.
Made In Hackney is London's only entirely plant based, eco-community kitchen. They run a range of courses and workshops from food growing, cookery, baking, fermenting, composting and preserving. They work with local community groups including low income families, young people in care and people with long term health problems. Sarah is the founder of Made In Hackney.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.