The Signal wants to be a reflection of the needs of the local community. On any given day there is always a diverse mix of people to be found in The Signal, from mums with their babies to local musicians and artists at the bar; they believe that is what makes The Signal so special. They have a wonderful…
Live music in The Control Room
- No reviews.
- The Signal - Hippo Inns
The Control Room at The Signal - a great weekly programme of Comedy, Quizzes and Live Music. A cosy and intimate space perfrect for discovering your new favourite artists and an enjoyable night out.
For our first ever Live Music Showcase Upstairs at The Signal we welcome FOUR fantastic artists.:
Austrailian born but South London based Grant Carruthers has played with some big names on some of the biggest stages in Australia and by the age of sixteen was already an established professional musician, touring with the ‘Memories of Buddy Holly’ show. A skilful and accomplished multi-instrumentalist, Grant plays a long list of instruments including cello, guitar, keyboard, saxophone and bass. Grant is often described as a musical Swiss army knife, not only for his multi-instrumental skill, but also for his ability to play a wide range of musical styles.
Brighton based Singer~Songwriter, Si Connelly released his debut album Youth // War // Joy in 2016. Produced by Chris Potter (The Verve, Blur) and Dom Morley (Amy Winehouse, Adele). The album features lead track 'Hurt You, which attained lead sync rotation with ITV & Fox. In September 2017, Si went quickly followed on his debut album with a 23-track double-album EJECT. EJECT featured archives and demos recorded between 2004-2014, along with his mailing list 6-track Bootlegger EP, featuring 2017's self-produced single Lion House, which saw him picked up by BBC Introducing.
Si is touring the UK between September and December 2017.
South London Singer Songwriter Sherika was inspired to be an artist after listening to Marvin Gaye. Sherika came to realise she also wanted to discover her deepest emotions through performance and songwriting. When finding her sound Sherika says “Paolo Nutini told me to pick up the guitar and Nina Simone told me to reflect the current times”
After dropping out of University Sherika decided to put her faith and determination to the test by becoming a full-time busker, as well as becoming a well-known performer on the London music scene regularly invited onto the stages of many prestigious venues including Ronnie Scott's, Jazz Cafe, Shoreditch House and The Century Club,
Last year British Soul Singer Seal suprised Sherika with a visit while she was busking on the Southbank, they performed two duets and Seal went on to invite her to open for 2 of his shows at Old Royal Naval College (London) and Cirque Royal (Brussels). This year Legendary Film director Spike Lee also showed his appreciation for Sherika’s talent by personally picking her original song “We Don’t Need a Reason” to feature of his Netflix Series of “She’s Gotta Have it”.
Maddy Rose is a singer/songwriter with a strong and emotive voice which is coupled with soulful piano chords, creating a unique Soul/Pop style with influences of Jazz and Blues. Maddy Rose will be releasing her Single "Save Myself" on the same day, a powerful Soul/Pop track with outstanding vocals and touching lyrics. Maddy is a big advocate when it comes to staying true to oneself and dedicate this song to all struggling with mental health issues or self-esteem problems. The music video to Save Myself features various actors portraying all emotions and is truly touching. This is one not to be missed!
** Book ahead for table reservations on 0203 326 9300 "
Live music from four exceptional artists
|19:15 - 22:30||£5.00|
7 Devonshire Road SE23 3HE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.