The Oyster Shed is a fantastic restaurant located right on the banks of the River Thames in the heart of the City of London. Offering a modern dining and drinking with a nautical and yacht inspired theme, you can sit by their arched windows with views of The Shard and the river all lit up at nightor…
Battle of the Champions
- No reviews.
- The Oyster Shed
What's better than having dinner cooked for you by one Masterchef winner? Having dinner cooked by TWO Masterchef winners!
Here at The Oyster Chef we're incredibly fortunate to have Masterchef 2013 winner Natalie Coleman at the helm, her mesmerising dishes have transformed our kitchen so much so that she's recently been nominated for Best Pub Chef at The Great British Pub Awards 2022.
But how does her cooking measure up against another former Masterchef winner? Join us on Friday 30th September as she faces off against Masterchef 2016 winner Jane Devonshire in the Battle of the Champions!
And what's more, YOU will decide the winner! Each chef will cook 3 dishes each in a 6 course tasting menu and at the conclusion you will vote for your favourite to decide the winner in the Battle of the Champions!
Expect a highly interactive evening with talks from both chefs as they discuss the inspirations for their dishes as well as the opportunity to have a chat with Natalie and Jane. There will also be copies of Jane's book Hassle Free Gluten Free available to purchase which she will be signing.
Your ticket will include 6 courses and an arrival drink of an Italicus Spritz. Want to upgrade your experience? Opt for 3 glasses of paired premium wines for just £25 extra.
Date: Friday 30th September
Time: 7pm sharp!
Price: £69 or £94 including paired wine
Crab & brown shrimp cakes, squid with tomato mayo
Torched mackerel, mackerel tartar, buttermilk, cucumber, douglas fir
Wine pairing: Nyetimber Classic Cuvee, England
Monkfish, Curried mussel sauce, carrot, samphire and carrot bhaji
Wine pairing: Ca'Di Mezzo Gavi, Italy
Loin of venison, haunch of venison bon bon, pomegranate roasted beetroot, new potato fondant, cavelo nero, carrot
Wine pairing: Te Henga Pinot Noir, New Zealand
Mini pumpkin pie, pecan, marshmallow
Stay-at-home mum Jane's passion for cooking started when she young and was central to her upbringing. She came from a family of cooks with her nanny Pearce inspiring her with her beautiful cakes and dishes, while her mother is a fabulous cook of really traditional food and her dad, who always worked in food sales, would bring home different and interesting foods.
Chefs Jane has worked with include Gordon Ramsey, Michelle Roux Jr, Jason Atherton, Atul Kochhar, Marcus Wareing & many more. She is often to be seen doing numerous pop up events & catering for famous clients including a stint running the Pop Up restaurant at the famous Lymington Food Festival this year.
Jane was born and grew up in London. She now lives in Hampshire with her husband Mark and her four children, Sam, Rebecca, Harry and Ben.
6 Course Tasting Menu
1 ticket to Battle of the Champions for the 6 Course Tasting Menu and a complimentary welcome glass of Mojito Spritz
|19:00 - 23:00||£69.00|
6 Course Tasting Menu with Paired Wines
1 ticket to Battle of the Champions for the 6 Course Tasting Menu and 3 x 125ml paired premium wines plus a complimentary welcome glass of Mojito Spritz
|19:00 - 23:00||£94.00|
5, Angel Lane, EC4R 3AB
City of London
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.