Just three minutes’ walk from Canary Wharf Underground Station you’ll find the Henry Addington pub. Boasting a stunning riverside terrace with amazing views of Canary Wharf that are sure to trigger a selfie or two, this conveniently located and traditionally British pub provides a welcome meeting…
Burns Night Supper and Celebrations
A fully hosted evening by Highland Park, come and celebrate Burns Night at Henry Addington, located in the heart of Canary Wharf. There will be live Scottish music throughout the evening to set the atmosphere, and a traditional Burns Night Supper served including whisky pairings for each course.
The evening will be hosted by Highland Park; renowned experts in Whisky who have been running a single malt-whisky distillery on the Orkney Islands since 1798.
Upon arrival you will be welcomed with an Orcadian Cooler whisky highball – Highland Park 12 Year Old whisky with elderflower presse and a squeeze of lemon served over ice in a tall highball glass. Throughout the evening there will be live traditional Scottish music with lots of opportunities for you to sing and clap along.
You will be guided through a traditional Burns Night Supper by your hosts from Highland Park, which includes Piping in the Haggis, where the Haggis will be brought out to much fanfare before main meals are served, and Addressing the Haggis. We will of course be reading the poem, Address to a Haggis, by Robert Burns and making a cut to the haggis during the third verse on reading the line ‘an’ cut you up wi’ ready. Be ready to join in with the toast to the Haggis where you will say ‘To The Haggis!’ before the haggis is be taken back to the kitchen so it can be plated up. We will end the evening singing along to a favourite of ours, Auld Lang Syne.
The Burns Night Supper incudes:
Smoked Scottish Salmon – Served with Scottish oatcakes and sour cream
Vegetable Scotch Broth (V) - Served with farmhouse bread and butter
Haggis, Neeps and Tatties - Traditional Scottish dish of mutton and oatmeal with aromatic mixed spices, served with mashed swede and creamy mashed potatoes. Served with a rich gravy
Balmoral Chicken - Chicken breast filled with haggis and wrapped in smoked back bacon. Served with creamy mashed potato, seasonal greens, glazed Chantenay carrots and a rich whisky sauce.
Crofters Pie - Traditional Scottish dish of slow-cooked pulled lamb in a rich red wine sauce topped with haggis mash, served with steamed greens and glazed Chantenay carrots.
Root Vegetable Hot Pot (VE) - A hearty vegan hot pot of carrots, swede and pearl barley, topped with sauté potatoes and a herb crumb. Served with glazed green beans and glazed Chantenay carrots.
Cranachan - Traditional Scottish dessert of smooth whipped cream, sweet honey, a dash of whisky, raspberries and golden toasted oats
Sticky Toffee Pudding - Served with your choice of vanilla pod ice cream or creamy custard
A Whisky flight is also included with your evening, featuring:
Laphroaig 10 Year Old to match with the starter,
Highland Park 12 Year Old to match with the main
Auchentoshan American Oak to match with the dessert
Your host will run through the pairings on the evening.
Your ticket includes all of the above – fully hosted evening and entertainment, including a welcome drink, 3 course meal, whisky flight. Please check our allergen guided here.
Burns Night Celebrations
Includes 3 courses, hosted evening, whisky flight, welcome cocktail and entertainment throughout the evening
|18:30 - 21:00||£32.00|
22-28, Mackenzie Walk, E14 4PH
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.