A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London In Angel - Liam Williams and Tony Law
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to The Old Queen’s Head in Islington with another excellent bill headlined by the excellent LIAM WILLIAMS!
Date: Monday 13th February 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
Yorkshire’s premier Pilsner socialist, the critically acclaimed Liam Williams returns to Laugh Out London. Liam has been a busy boy of late having set up his own production company, written a produced a critically acclaimed panto, written his own radio series and is currently developing a new show for BBC Three.
Nominee Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Show 2014
Nominee Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer 2013
The Guardian’s number one comedy show of 2014
“Voice of a generation” - **** Independent
“It feels powerfully like the voice of a generation: so much feeling, such a sophisticated intelligence, and nowhere to put it that isn’t compromised or cliched.” ***** The Guardian
“Liam Williams is undoubtedly one of the finest comic minds of Generation Y” - Times
“Williams’ mix of high brow & low lights is reminiscent of Kitson” - **** Skinny
Brave, bold and adventurous Richard Gadd is one of the most exciting comics around. We were blown away by his Edinburgh preview with us in July and his show “Monkey See, Monkey Do” went on to win the Edinburgh Comedy Award For best show.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Show WINNER 2016
“taking the audience to a place that most comics would be afraid to go… in a unique, brilliant and hysterically funny way” – ****** The Skinny
“The wildest ride I have been on at the Fringe” – ***** The Telegraph
“A brave, funny and frankly magnificent piece of work” ***** Fest
“It’s strong stuff, and courageous: a lurid, unsparing portrait of a consciousness in meltdown” – **** The Guardian
“Gadd’s exceptional performance mean this is a show that will stay with you” – **** Chortle
Fast rising satirical character comedian who seems destined to be huge. Lolly’s two Edinburgh shows have received tonnes of critical praise and sell out runs at the Soho Theatre. She was recently named one of the rising stars on 2017 by the Guardian.
“a highly talented comic actor, and you can expect to see her on our screens even more than she already is” ★★★★ - Chortle
“I never wanted this show to end” ★★★★★ - Three Weeks
“Adefope steps from one persona to the next with ease, adopting finely tuned mannerisms, pitch-perfect accents, and a lot of sheer silliness” - The Guardian
KIRI PRITCHARD MCLEAN
One of the circuits best up-and-coming stand up talents, Kiri is also fourth of the award nominated sketch group Gein’s Family Giftshop. She already has an impressive CV including her own Halloween Comedy short for sky and appearances on Comedy Central’s Stand up Central and ITV’s @elevenish.
“warm, engaging and revealing, she’s nevertheless uncompromising” - **** - The Scotsman
“extremely talented, and I cannot wait to see what she moves onto next” - ***** Arts Award Voice
“raucous and good-humoured without stinting on the protest” - The Guardian
Guest MC TONY LAW
One of our favorites, Tony has been one of the most exciting and surreal comics on the circuit for years. He’s a three time Chortle award winner and has been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award for best show. It’s always such a pleasure to be in the same room as his daft brain.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Show Nominee
“Chaos has rarely been so finely constructed and this much fun” **** - Times
“Law is enjoying himself hugely – and the feeling is contagious” **** -Guardian
“One of the finest and funniest comics on the circuit… destined for comedy stardom” - Time Out
“Law’s genius for the random makes Salvador Dali look about as abstract as Constable” ***** - Metro
“The King of post-modern nonsense” - Telegraph
|Advance||19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.