A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Adept with seating and catching the summer and winter sun just right, the Brunel Museum Rooftop Garden is not only primed for warm afternoons and eveningsin…
Midnight Apothecary Brunel Spring Party
Can you feel the stirrings of spring running through your veins? Join us round the campfire for a very special evening as we celebrate the wonders of spring in the roof garden and dive underground to celebrate the 250th birthday of the creator of the 'eighth wonder of the world', Marc Brunel. His son, Isambard (who would be 213) worked on the Thames Tunnel with his father as his first major project so it's very important place to celebrate the achievements of father and son.
Our secret garden will be alive to the joys and drama of spring with the sounds and smells of a crackling firepit, giant flares, hurricane lamps and toasting marshmallows. Your botanical cocktails will be bursting with signs of spring (lovingly grown in our garden or foraged nearby and fashioned into exquisite infusions by Midnight Apothecary founder Lottie Muir aka The Cocktail Gardener). There will be local craft beer from Hiver Beer and Anspach & Hobday as well as some sensational wine and prosecco.
An optional guided descent directly beneath the garden will provide your dose of culture for the evening, You will be led by local legend Tim Thomas into the huge Victorian underground chamber which is half the size of Shakespeare's Globe. You'll learn why it was regarded in Victorian times as 'the eighth wonder of the world' - and we will of course offer Marc Brunel a birthday toast. And if cocktails, campfire and culture don't leave you sated, Priyan will be on hand to serve you sizzling, seasonal, scrumptious fare. So come hungry!
Yes, the firepit will be crackling and the welcome will be warm. This is a perfect mates' night our or date for two, We can't wait to welcome you for some spring swiggin'!
Midnight Apothecary Spring Equinox Special
Entry to the Underground Chamber, the Engine House and the Roof Garden at the Brunel Museum with live music and complimentary toasted marshmallows
|17:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.