Something A Little Different, Pop-Up, Live Music, Date Night
Yer Tiz Lovers! Midnight Apothecary 2018 kicks off on Saturday 13 January with an ancient appley affair. Gather round the fire and get the heart pumping for Wassailing, the traditional old Twelfth Night celebration. It's a chance to warm your cockles, aided by some cider-based concoctions (and other heart warming cocktails). Non-alcoholic versions always on hand for the serene and sanctimonious.
This ancient ceremony blesses the fruit trees in anticipation of the bountiful new season. For the fifth consecutive year, we will process to the apple tree in the lower garden with Wassail and sing some Wassail carols led by the Butler of the Ceremony and starring the Wassail Queen, alongside the amazing folk musicians GreenTrad who hail from down the river in Greenwich. Bring lanterns and torches to read the songsheet. Delicious hot food will be available and of course the usual toasted marshmallows round the campfire. The garden will be decked with giant flares alongside a roaring firepit to toast your complimentary toasted marshmallows. Hot Deluxe Wassail Punch will be available outside (and hot mulled apple juice) while down the Grand Staircase and into Brunel's vast Underground Chamber you will be able to enjoy our beautifully themed Wassail cocktails at our full cocktail bar alongside more music from GreenTrad. Amazingly delicious hot food will be available in the Engine House from Pan.
Wassail gets its name from the Old English term "waes hael" meaning "be well". The Saxon response is "drink hael" meaning "drink and be healthy". What more could you want from a crisp winter's evening than to gather round the fire when nights are at their shortest? Join us for another magical evening.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.