Film Screenings, Something A Little Different, Fun Time Partying, Pop-Up
Hip Hop/RnB, Funk & Soul, Latino, Jazz
Celebrate summer with a fun filled day of Brazilian magic and vibes
On July 23rd, join Block Party Cinema as we bring the rhythm of Rio to Brick Lane with a pop up screening of the exhilarating City Of God (2002)
In celebration of Fernando Meirelles iconic classic, we’ll be inviting audiences to experience an immersive day of Brazilian culture. We’ll have everything from live samba bands and dance classes, to Rio inspired street food and a Brazilian cocktail making master class! If that’s not enough, take a journey around the hidden secrets of Rio’s favela community with our onsite VR experience.
The main event is of course a fast paced, action packed classic. The film portrays life in the City Of God, a poverty stricken favela in the heart of Rio de Janeiro. In classic Block Party style, kick back and enjoy one of the most pulsating movies of a generation on one of our comfy giant beanbags.
The scene for this samba-fueled extravaganza will be Truman Brewery’s Jujus’s Bar & Stage in the middle of London’s Brick Lane.
All Cinema tickets will include:
Afro-Samba dance class
VR experience - It's like you're in Rio!
A FREE tub of ice cream courtesy of Simply Ice Cream
Brazilian cocktail making masterclass and
Our pre film party
Tickets are on sale NOW. Grab your dancing shoes and tell your amigos, this one is not to be missed!
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.