Lost Lectures Presents Curiosity Kino
- Secret London Location
We will be rolling out the red carpet and inviting you into a relic of London’s past, a vast cinema, reopened after 30 long years, that through its faded facade, screams art-deco decadence like nowhere else. Expect all the glitz and glamour of a hollywood premier: red carpet, roaming paparazzi, scintillating talks from world-class speakers and performers and a mind-expanding mix of talks, music, character actors, popcorn sellers and curious cocktails. We'll be juxtaposing new-school thinking with old-school architecture and getting creative with our cinematic sensibilities.
Andrew Whitehurst: Oscar-winning visual effects artist, known for his work on Skyfall, Paddington, Harry Potter, and Ex Machina (for which he won the statuette). He’ll be pulling back the veil behind some of cinema’s slickest SFX.
David McCandless: an information designer & data artist (which are some first-class job titles) known for ‘Information is Beautiful’ – he’ll help you make sense of the world with his latest strikingly elegant infographic creations.
Alexandra Ma: a journalist & specialist on both China and surveillance, Ma will give you a rare behind-the-scenes peek into the great, terrifying, Black Mirror-episode-come-to-life that is China’s ‘social credit experiment’.
Sara Gibbs: “recently diagnosed as a comedy writer”, Sara has contributed to The Mash Report and even co-founded a fantastic satirical online women’s magazine (Succubus). She’ll be exploring the perilously fine line between reality and satire.
Alex Baranowski: a Tony-nominated composer and composer of the BBC’s score for the World Cup, Alex has collaborated with artists like The XX, Underworld, and Jungle. He’ll be creating a live “wall of sound in 4D” which sounds exciting, whatever it is.
Professor Sophie Scott: Professor of Neuroscience, Head of Speech & Communication at UCL, and regular BBC science contributor, Sophie will be talking about the science of laughter….
Location will be announced via email a few days prior to the event. For full event details please click here.
Minimum order of two: for you, your family/ friends/ on-screen lovers.
|19:00 - 22:30||£30.00|
|Regular Ticket||19:00 - 22:30||£35.00|
Late Bird Ticket
Final few tickets remaining
|19:00 - 22:30||£42.00|
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.