RSA House is a charming Georgian Town House in the heart of Central London which has the perfect balance of traditional style with exciting modern twists. The house has unique and contrasting spaces from high ceilings, bright rooms and traditional art work to the immense brick exposed vaults which have…
Storytelling Series at RSA House
- No reviews.
- RSA House
Join us for a series of four Storytelling events with award-winning storyteller and writer Danyah Miller.
These events, which will explore different techniques and approaches at each session, can be booked as a full series or individually depending on your interest. Each event will contain elements of interactivity with practical take-aways and Q&A. Tickets are £12 and include a hot drink on arrival.
Presentation and Communication Skills - Thursday 21 March.
'Let thy speech be better than silence or be silent' - Dionysius Of Halicarnassus
Stories are persuasive, memorable and engaging. By using story skills in your presentation, you’ll be more able to connect deeply with your audience, building their trust and boosting your credibility. Danyah will share four key components she’s learnt as a performer and trainer to ensure impactful and powerful delivery of your message. Participants will have the opportunity to play story games to practice skills and increase confidence. There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the session. Most Suitable for: people who want to improve their presentation skills.
The Art of Spontaneous Storytelling - Thursday 18 April.
'Spontaneity is a meticulously prepared art' - Oscar Wilde
An active and healthy imagination is crucial to everyone at every age, enabling us to think outside the box and to live to our fullest potential. Imagination is like a muscle, and, as with every muscle, it needs exercise. Danyah will share her first three pillars of spontaneous storytelling – imagination, the senses and memory. Participants will have the opportunity to play a few spontaneous storytelling games giving them ideas to take away. There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the session. Most Suitable for: creative practitioners; team builders; brain-stormers; educators; parents.
Telling Your Own Story - Thursday 16 May. '
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else which makes you unique' - Walt Disney
Unlike the tales that we read and hear around us, our personal stories are a way for us to share our unique life experiences with others. By crafting these narratives we can offer them as a gift to the world.
Danyah will share story games, methods and suggestions to help you explore how to create a story based on your personal experience, whether you want to use this to motivate others, understand yourself better, reframe your history or as a springboard into a creative project. There will be time for Q&A throughout the session. Most Suitable for: writers; storytellers; performers; healers; those who want to share their stories with others or collect their family history.
Storytelling for Literacy - Thursday 20 June. '
If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fair tales' - Albert Einstein.
Sharing stories with the children is one of the most precious gifts we can give them, creating memories that last a lifetime. Danyah will share ideas to work with stories across the ages and stages of development and across the curriculum. Oral storytelling underpins and sits alongside reading and writing, strengthening creativity and inspiring a lifelong love of stories whether in books, comics, through music, film, TikTok or the visual arts. Oral stories can be a powerful ally when we’re working with neurodivergent or other children who might find reading and writing a struggle. Most Suitable for: parents & grandparents; educators; librarians; performers; anyone interested in creating and sharing stories with young people.
Taking part in RSA in-person events
To participate in this event, you will need to register for a ticket for capacity purposes. If you have any questions, or to let us know of any access requirements, or reasonable adjustments you require, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registered for this event you consent to receive communications about this event. both before and after, and you agree to receive information on further events at RSA House. You also agree to sharing your name with Fellows and/or partner organisations hosting this event.
Please note, registrations will close 24hrs before the event is due to start.
|12:30 - 14:00
|General Admission (all four sessions)
|12:30 - 14:00
8, John Adam Street, WC2N 6EZ
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.