RSA House is a charming Georgian Town House in the heart of Central London which has the perfect balance of traditional style with exciting modern twists. The house has unique and contrasting spaces from high ceilings, bright rooms and traditional art work to the immense brick exposed vaults which have…
An evening with Loyd Grossman
- No reviews.
- RSA House
Join us for a special evening with guest speaker Loyd Grossman.
When: Monday 26 February, 18:30-22:00
We're delighted to be back with another 'An evening with...' event. Come together for insightful perspectives, fascinating conversation and delicious food and drink in the inspiring setting of RSA House This event will feature our very special guest Loyd Grossman, author and broadcaster, in conversation with Andy Haldane, our CEO, alongside a specially curated meal by our own Executive Chef, Brian Fantoni.
This event will begin with fizz or soft drinks on arrival for all guests in our Benjamin Franklin Room, before moving to the historic Great Room for a special curated meal.
ABOUT LOYD GROSSMAN
Loyd Grossman was born in Boston and graduated from Boston University BA, the London School of Economics MSc Econ and Magdalene College, Cambridge PhD, MPhil.
After starting a career in journalism, he was diverted into television where, as a writer, presenter, or deviser he was involved in a wide range of programmes including Through the Keyhole and MasterChef.
Loyd’s knowledge of and fascination with food led him to create his own brand in 1995, which became Britain’s most successful new premium food brand.
Loyd is Chairman of The Royal Parks and Chairman of Gresham College and was Chairman of the Heritage Alliance, Chairman of the Churches Conservation Trust, Chairman of the University for the Creative Arts, Deputy Chairman of The Royal Drawing School, and a member of the Court of Governors of the LSE. He is a Governor of the British Institute in Florence, Trustee of The Warburg Charitable Trust, and President of The Arts Society.
He is Past Master of the Worshipful Company of Arts Scholars, an Honorary Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Glaziers, Senior Warden of the Worshipful Company of Carpenters, a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society. He was appointed CBE in recognition of his services to Heritage. Loyd is a keen guitarist and he and his band – The New Forbidden – made their eighth appearance at Glastonbury in June 2019!
About Brian Fantoni
Prior to joining the RSA, Brian worked at Unity, which is a charity training people with disabilities to develop skills in cooking, achieve qualifications and create opportunities.
Brian trained as a chef at The Savoy Hotel in London, rising quickly through the ranks, leaving his tenure as chef tournant. He then spent time working in Australia and New York, returned to London to work at Claridge’s hotel and represented the U.K. at the International Final of the Prix Taittinger competition in Paris.
Fantoni then took his first head chef role at Enoteca Turi an independent Italian restaurant specializing in regional Italian cuisine, winning industry awards and igniting his love of wine and food pairing.
Managerial roles at The Swan at the Globe theatre and The Westbury hotel led Brian oversee
restaurant openings, consultancy, chef apprenticeship programs with Bournemouth and Westminster Kingsway colleges. Chef Fantoni is an active member of the Royal Academy of culinary arts judging on the annual awards of excellence.
TICKET INFORMATION AND POLICIES
Places are open to everybody, within and beyond our Fellowship Community. Numbers are limited and tickets must be booked in advance.
Tickets cost £100 each, or £90 per person for a table of ten. A percentage of the ticket price counts as a donation to the RSA, to support our work to unite people and ideas to create social change.
Tickets are refundable up to 30 days before the event. Tickets are non-transferable.
Please note, you will need to provide basic details, contact details and dietary requirements of those that you book tickets for.
If you have any questions, or need to inform us of access requirements or any reasonable adjustments you require, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a complimentary companion ticket for those who require an assistant to accompany them for accessibility reasons, this will be with basic refreshments offered. We offer 50% discounted tickets to companions should they wish to participate in the full dining experience. We can offer a range of different options and be flexible according to the requirements and preferences of you and your companion, so please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Taking part in RSA in-person events
To participate in this event, you will need to register for a ticket for capacity purposes. If you have any questions, or to let us know of any access requirements, or reasonable adjustments you require, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registered for this event you consent to receive communications about this event. both before and after, and you agree to receive information on further events at RSA House. You also agree to sharing your name with Fellows and/or partner organisations hosting this event.
Please note, registrations will close 24hrs before the event is due to start.
Please be aware that registrations for this event will close at 5pm on Monday 19 Febuary.
8, John Adam Street, WC2N 6EZ
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.