1989's Field of Dreams is a fairy tale celebration of the love of baseball, adapted by screenwriter/director Phil Alden Robinson from W. P. Kinsella's novel Shoeless Joe. Ray Kinsella hears a voice in his corn field telling him "If you build it, he will come." Ray then plows under his Iowa cornfield to build a baseball field that will call back Shoeless Joe Jackson and other major league baseball players of the Chicago White Sox 1919 World Series. This sentimental, modern fantasy classic became a smash hit in its unique depiction of Americana and was nominated for three Academy Awards: Best Original Score, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Picture.
Throughout August & September, Pop Fields welcomes you to the ultimate under the stars cinema experience, showing the world's favourite sporting hits on South London's biggest outdoor screen. For just £2 you're invited to kick back, relax and enjoy our surround sound PA, Huge LED screen, refreshing craft beer and cocktails and Brixton's best street food.
Doors will open at 5pm for games, grass lazing & music before the film starts at 7pm.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.