Pop Brixton is a temporary project that has turned disused land into a creative space for local, independent businesses. Home to over 50 startups across street food, restaurants, bars, retail boutiques and even a radio station; Pop Brixton offers a unique and immersive visitor experience. Just a 3-minute…
NYE - Disco Made Me Do It! Featuring Joey Negro!
- Pop Brixton
Bring in the new year at Pop Brixton with this year's "Disco Made Me Do it" NYE party.
Going from 9 pm - 4 am, we've got an AMAZING headline act and DJs playing all night long in the Pop Box.
All our bars will be open and serving their usual selection of local craft beers, draught beer, cocktails and (of course) champagne for your midnight celebrations.
PLUS, all of Pop's street food traders will be open from 9 pm til late, serving delicious food, everything from wood-fired pizza to amazing bleeding vegan burgers.
Joey Negro has been producing with love for close to three decades. Arguably house music’s major proponent of soulful, disco-tinged, vocal records and without question instrumental is its development and popularisation, no-one treats a loop, groove or hook with as much care and attention as Joey Negro.
Joey Negro is the most well-known pseudonym of master British DJ, producer and remixer Dave Lee. Under a plethora of other monikers including Akabu, Doug Willis, The Sunburst Band, Sessomatto, and Z Factor, Dave was one of the first artists to incorporate disco samples in house music when he began his production career in 1988. Indeed, he was in the studio making credible and outstanding British house music when many luminaries around him were still busy getting to grips with their decks. Little has changed since then and Dave is still widely regarded as one of the most credible and in-demand artists on the global scene.
Having rocked parties alongside the likes of DOOM, Slum Village, Cypress Hill, Dead Prez and Soul 2 Soul (to name but a few), Russ will be spinning timeless Disco, Soul, Funk and Hip Hop til the early hours.
Limao's introduction of Brazilian music into open format DJ sets has built a reputable following in London, and took him to perform alongside international names such as Giles Peterson, Carl Cox and Marky. He's also taken part in the sell-out shows of Sergio Mendes at the o2 arena, and at iconic locations such as Trafalgar Square, Tower Bridge and Somerset House.
General release tickets to capacity
|20:00 - 04:00||£20.00|
49, Pop Brixton, SW9 8PQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.