Food & Drink, Something A Little Different, Classes
The History and Mystery of Absinthe with the legendary T.A.Breaux, including a tasting of the Sip Or Mix Absinthe Portfolio, followed by a Q. & A.
A research scientist, Absinthe Historian & Distiller, Ted Breaux is also famous the world over for being at the forefront of the recent absinthe renaissance. It was through his and a colleague's efforts that the Absinthe Ban in the USA was lifted after 95 years in 2007. He will guide us through the complexities and misunderstandings of this much maligned spirit. This is coupled with a tasting provided by Sip or Mix of the Jade Liqueurs range of absinthes.
We will also have Ted Breaux's Jade Liqueurs Perique Tobacco Liqueur & Coeur de Jade on tasting.
Each absinthe will be paired with a cheese provided by The Deli at 80. A welcome cocktail will be provided by the team at Peony.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
A word from the chef:
Opium fuses classic Chinese dim sum and other dishes with a contempary London twist, adding new additions to older staples. Try their Dim Sum platter at £16 with siu mai and har gau or their Cantonese barbecue pork bun at £6.