Zigfrid wanted to create spaces that punks, artists, musicians, IT people and all around cool heads and free thinkers could inhabit. He focused on Hoxton Square and linked up with some of the Goldsmiths graduates who had a studio there. They were Paul Daly, Garry Hume, Sarah Lucas, Richard Pattersonall…
Lorena Dale - "Wicked Ways" EP launch
- No reviews.
- Zigfrid von Underbelly
For a night of soul and jazz vibes, join Lorena Dale and her 6 piece band as they celebrate the launch of Lorena's highly anticipated EP "Wicked Ways".
Described as “powerful”, “dynamic” and “full of soul”, Lorena Dale is quickly establishing herself as a regular on the London live music scene. With influences including Sade, Amy Winehouse, India Arie and Aretha Franklin, Lorena’s sound can best be described as Soul with a hint of Jazz and a smattering of smooth RnB. Her use of live instrumentation including a horn section, lends itself to a slightly retro vibe, reminiscent of the 70’s.
Loosely connected around the different meanings of the word “wicked”, the EP explores themes from love and loss to mistreatment and domestic violence. Cocaine Skin, released through Lorena’s independent label Duende Record Group, is the first single off the EP, and embodies lush chords and a catchy hook that will stay in your head for days – it will “never wanna let you go”.
Lorena's ability to deeply connect with her audience makes a live show a special experience. Drawing you in and weaving stories through her music, Lorena treads a delicate line between feel good entertainment and heart breaking emotion, which will touch you and leave you feeling uplifted.
Warm yourself this winter and BOOK YOUR TICKETS to this one night only event.
Australian born singer songwriter, Lorena Dale, has built an impressive career performing across the world. Based in London since 2011, she has played on stages such as the O2 Academy in Glasgow and the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. She has performed at high profile events across Australia, Italy, the USA and the UK including the Negroamaro Wine Festival, Make a Wish Foundation Charity Balls, and Britain & Ireland’s Next Top Model. She has also sung for royalty - HRH Prince Charles at a Prince’s Trust Charity Event. Now she brings her own show to the heart of East London, downstairs at Zigfrid Von Underbelly, for one night only.
With Support from Jules Rendell
Food: Bar food available down stairs at venue.
Meet & Greet: There will be a meet and greet with Lorena after the show so make sure you stick around.
General Admission standing (some seating available on first come, first served)
11 Hoxton Square, Shoreditch N1 6NU
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.