Village Underground is an original and quirky event space for live music and amazing DJ sets in London. Located in the heart of Shoreditch, under the old railway bridge, the four graffiti-covered recycled Jubilee line carriages sat on the roof of this Victorian warehouse are a marker of the uniqueness…
Lucha Britannia Presents: Carry On Lucha!
- Village Underground
Lucha Britannia rings in the New Year in classic British "Carry On" style with more Cirque Du Soleil meets Monty Python with Muscles, Lycra, Fighting & Immersive Comedy! Who will face off with the new Lucha Britannia world champion title holder Marduk Malik? Featuring cabaret drag performance by David Puck and the comedy stylings of everyone's favourite Jerry Bakewell!
Time out calls it the #bestshowintown
Sunday Times says "one of the top 100 Best things to do in London!"
"If Monty Python with Muscles had love children with Bruce Lee, Dolly Parton & the Muppets You'd be close, but still off the mark! Its an unbelievable night of comedy, cabaret and high flying action. Lucha Britannia has everything, the excitement, the thrills, the spills, the involvement of the crowd will blow you away!" -Jonathan Ross
AS ALWAYS...Lucha Britannia brings to you the daredevil thrills of an Orwellian circus gone awry with super OTT characters, comedy, horror & Neo Burlesque. It's the closest thing you can get to real life superheroes literally leaping into your lap!
No two shows are ever the same and you can join in on the story at any time, as every show stands both on its own and as part of the ever expanding narrative!
On this months awesome show you may well see....BENJAMIN LOUCHE. JERRY BAKEWELL. HOMBRE DEL ROCKA. DISCO DIABLO. CHICA LOCA JOKER. ILLUSIONISTO. PETITO PELIGROSO. SANTERIA. FUG. DRAGON EXTRANO. MARDUK MALIK. TAIYO. PHI TAI HONG. DIABLESA ROSA. BRADFORD W BUSH. DARK BRITANNICO. ESCARABAJO COSMICO...& TOO MANY MORE TO MENTION!
The show will again be filmed for future broadcast as part of our ongoing Television campaign so dress like you belong in the RetroFutureVerse & bring your bestest, Loudest screamy lungs! MAKE SURE YOU DRESS UP FOR ADDED ACTION! Dress Code - Exotic, Erotic, Quixotic or just damn Luchatastic!! Star-crossed lovers, half human/half monster, Gods, famous couples, retro, futuristic, showgirls, lucha libre, militaria, ballroom, harlot, gentleman, Victoriana, drag, circus, fetish, avant-garde, superhero, cyberpunk, steampunk, animal disguise, vaudeville, ostentatious, old school wrestlers, kinky civil servants..or just be wild & come as yourself!!!
Join the conversation on Instagram & Twitter!
Lucha Britannia on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/luchabritannia
#LUCHABRITANNIA #THISISLUCHATOWN #BESTSHOWINTOWN
Lucha Britannia Presents: Carry on Lucha!
Immersive comedy cabaret, burlesque and Lucha Libre wrestling
|18:00 - 22:00
54, Holywell Lane, EC2A 2PQ
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.