Live Music, Date Night, Something A Little Different, Theatre/Arts
Have you ever settled down to re-watch that classic picture, 8 Mile, and thought “this rap battle lacks classical music”? Of course you have, and so have we.
Join us at the strange and wonderful event of the season: MC Mozart's Classical Smackdown, a classical music battle with old dead white boys, booze and perhaps even a rogue bassoon.
Hosted by the Ghost of Mozart, some of London's most talented young classical musicians will be invited to perform just 10 minute sets on the torrid themes of: love, despair, anger and joy. You shall choose the victor of each round, and ultimate impoverished musician who DOMINATES the Smackdown will be offered a bottle of champagne and a bow from the Ghost himself.
You don't have to go to the Royal Opera House to hear great music.
The Book Club
100 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4RH
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Wild Above Rule is a collective of Shoreditch and Hackney creatives, lead by Jenna Adel, a Bahraini/British events co-ordinator and curator.
Jenna is working with venues across London to offer a series of events for artists, poets, writers and musicians bringing them together and offering space, time and inspiration to create. Moving out of an invite-only incubation over the last three years, Jenna is launching events open to creative people across London.