Festival 365. Juju’s Bar & Stage is a warehouse bar and events space located in East London’s creative capital, the Truman Brewery on Brick Lane. Open six days a week, Juju’s is home to a wide variety of events, from live music to independent film screenings, DJ nights, dance classes…
Cuban Sundays presents Sonora la Calle
Cuban Sundays are back with an extra special one, welcoming globe-trotting Sonora la Calle onto the Juju's stage. Directed by maestro Robert 'Chivo' Orue Lopez, Sonora la Calle are one of Santiago de Cuba's finest son & salsa bands. Since forming in 1993 their infectious rhythms have brought them around the world, from the Peñas on Heredia street and the famous Santiago carnivals to the 'New Morning' and 'La Java clubs' in Paris.
Sonora la Calle first hit London in 1996 on their breakout European tour and their success saw them return with the Lady Salsa Show at the Edinburgh Festival 2000, which transferred to the Pleasance Theater in London and the Talk of London (Covent Garden), running until 2002. Since then the group have worked on shows in Australia, the UK, Spain, the Netherlands and Germany, cultivating an enthusiastic following wherever they went. Fast forward to September 2022 Sonora la Calle will be bringing their wealth of experience and high energy sounds to Cuban Sundays at Juju's, taking the stage at 8pm. Lucky us!
The ever-dynamic and talented DJ Javier will be kicking this off at 4pm and closing out the night after Sonora la Calle, so get down early Sunday 18th September to be transported to the streets of Santiago de Cuba!
Grab tickets here and there will be more on the door (£15) X
£15 at the door
|16:00 - 23:00
Ely's Yard, 15 Hanbury Street, E1 6QR
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.