Part bar, part gallery and events space, you'll find Peckham Springs nestled across three railway arches beneath Peckham Rye station. Suited to art-lovers keen to take in the latest exhibitions, the venue also features two bars, an extensive covered outdoor area and an intimate seating space where guests…
Indigo Dyeing + Printing Workshop at Peckham Springs
Indigo vats will be set up for you to dip or paint your fabric samples. All fabric and materials are provided for you to use and experiment with. Please bring your own final pieces to indigo, such as an item of clothing, avoid dark colours.
Dress for mess and wear comfortable clothing. The indigo does stain, please wear old shoes too. Aprons and rubber gloves will be provided.
Bring up to 2 items to up-cycle and transform using the indigo. See what you have at home first or visit your local charity shop. Natural fabrics work best such as cottons, linens, silks, suede and even leather. Avoid dark colours such as black and deep purples. You can also indigo paper!
Please arrive to the venue 10 minutes before the workshop begins so we can all begin together.
This workshop is suitable for all levels.
Please do not bring large items to indigo such as table cloths and duvet covers.
At the end of the workshop please clean your space and the equipment you used, thank you.
Before untying the shibori sample rinse out surplus dye in cold water, until the water runs clear.
Wash in warm, soapy water, then dry and untie.
To achieve the best possible definition of marks, dry before unwrapping ties and binding.
For speed, rinsing and washing can be carries out after bindings have been removed.
I would also pop all samples and final pieces in the washing machine for a quick 30 minute spin and add some softener too.
*Please note workshop tickets are not refundable, thank you.
22A Blenheim Grove SE15 4QN
Peckham Rye (Rail)
22A Blenheim Grove SE15 4QN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.