Secretly kept on Shaftesbury Avenue in Soho, Century is one of London's most wanted membership venues. Jonathan Downey, the owner of Century, relaunched Century in March 2012. Expect a divine venue, because Downey is the genius also behind the award-winning Milk and Honey. Century is popular among artists…
Laugh of the Century
- No reviews.
Join us for our November Comedy Night where we welcome back the Laughing Chili gang for some guaranteed laughs of the Century!
Doors open at 7pm and the show begins at 7:30 promptly.
Members can attend free of charge, a fee of £10.00 is applied to non-members.
Please RSVP to this event by emailing email@example.com.
JEFF INNOCENT (Headliner)
Jeff Innocent is a popular and experienced stand-up comedian, actor, writer and cultural commentator. As a comedian, he has reached near legendary status among his peers and audience alike by staying at the top of his game for over 15 years. His unique appeal lies in the contrast between his East End ‘Geezer’ appearance and demeanour, and his educated, philosophical delivery and subject matter. Inspiring the guardian to describe him as a comedian with, ‘The body of a nightclub bouncer and the brains of a university boffin’.
JAMES ALDERSON (MC)
James is an award-winning, record-breaking international comedian! As well as supporting Jo Brand and Eddie Izzard, he was also nominated for the third year running as "Best Comedian" by The Guide Awards.
He has an effervescent and exuberant style, explaining why he’ll regularly be found MC’ing a night. He draws on his life experiences as a thirty-something man to feed his routines and you rarely know where James will go with his comedic tales and punchlines.
Sindhu grew up in the Philippines, Lucknow and Delhi, her dad is Tamil, her mum is from Uttar Pradesh, she studied in Delhi, Oxford, Montreal and Chicago, her husband is Danish, she lives in London, and can probably do your accent.
She splits her time between comedy and raising her three children – and gigantic Labrador. She made the finals of the BBC New Comedy Awards in 2016.
With unwavering deadpan, she describes life as an Indian woman with a Danish husband and their differing approaches to parenting.
Glenn Moore is a critically-acclaimed and prolific stand-up, writer, and sketch comedian.
His first stand-up show, Glengarry Glen Glenn was one of 2016’s best-reviewed debut shows of the Edinburgh Fringe, and was nominated for ‘Best Debut Show’ at Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival. Known for his distinctive and inventive jokes, Glenn has supported Tiff Stevenson, Josie Long and Alun Cochrane on tour, and in September 2017 made his Mock The Week debut for the BBC.
“All line-ups subject to change without notice”
includes entry to Laugh of the Century
61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue W1D 6LQ
Leicester Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.