Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Islington is an emerald-tiled bar known as Humble Grape. Similar to their sister sites in Liverpool Street, Fleet Street and Battersea, the Islington branch is a charming spot, perfect for a food and drink. With a cosy and spacious dining area, it's the…
Best of the Bunch: Burgundy Tasting
- No reviews.
- Humble Grape Islington
The Burgundians are back and doing what they do best: making world-beating wines. Sometimes the old masters do it best. We’ll be serving seven showstopping wines from the region for you to sample. This is French wine at the very top of its game: complex, sophisticated, the drink equivalent of a Jean Luc Godard film, but significantly more enjoyable. There’s a reason why it is held up as the gold standard for winemakers the world over. This is a very rare opportunity to sample a range of premium wines, perfectly paired with freshly prepared food to give you an exclusive experience quite unlike anything else.
There really is no better way to kick off a night than with some bubbles, but this is a level up. Think Champagne, but better: made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes and aged on the lees for two years, lending it a warming toastiness which exquisitely contrasts with the fresh, floral notes.
No herbicides, no insecticides, native yeast - brothers Xavier and Jerôme have made a wine that is as clean in its process as it is in taste.
Luzy Macarez Conquette
Richard Luzy and his childhood friend François Macarez collaborated to run a winery in an area which has been a centre of viticulture since the age of Caesar. Taste the fruit of their friendship, and of the region’s millennia of grape-growing.
Luzy Macarez Pouilly Fuisse
Ripe and ready. It’s a classic Chardonnay, but fresher and fruitier on the nose. Monumental wine befitting of the 160-million year old (give or take) geological monolith that the vines cling on to: the Rock of Solutr̩é.
Laurent Perrachon Moulin A Vent
Don’t be fooled by the four centuries of wine-making pedigree within the Perrachon family - they’re still innovating even after all this time, focusing on sustainable methods so that the next generation can also produce mesmerising vintages. It wasn’t broke, but they still fixed it.
Domaine Armelle et Bernard Chorey-les-Beaune
For five-generations the family have been tending their vines - indeed, they’re so in touch with their plants that they handpick and manually crush the grapes themselves. Expect a supple yet complex wine in which you can taste their commitment to their craft.
Domaine Armelle et Bernard Dame Marguerite
Marguerite worked at the vineyard for her entire life alongside her husband Louis - and what better tribute than a rounded and powerful wine, aged in French oak for 15-months, a fitting tribute to a lifetime of winemaking, and a testament to the vineyard’s commitment to making the crème de la cru.
Best of the Bunch: Burgundy Tasting
A guided exploration of French wine at its absolute best.
|18:30 - 20:30||£85.00|
11-13 Theberton St, N1 0QY
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.