- Dona Bar
She began to busk at 14, and it was on these pavements, among the awkward eye contact, merry thank-you´s and unassuming friends made that she began to write. From grey streets to green she since has played small stages at festivals such as Greenbelt, Wilderness and Lovebox, as well as gigging with friend and cellist Harvey Gibbons from pubs to venues such as The Lexington, Camden Assembly, Spiritual bar and with Sofar Sounds. Through Autumn 2017 she worked with Registered Charity BIRD and Harvey to create her 5 track EP, which can be
listened to on Youtube and Soundcloud.Pearl has just released her 2nd EP 'Moves Through Matter' now available on all streaming platforms.´Lyrically wistful and warm, Pearl´s songs have the capacity to make you feel simultaneously hopeful and beautifully melancholic in that slightly addictive way´ - BIRD.org.uk
Ella Clayton - Ella is a story teller & singer-songwriter from East London. Her songs resonate as honest portrayals of love and loss, which take you from euphoric intoxication to shivering outside alone and back again. It’s this lyrical vulnerability, carried in the raw melodic edge of her vocals and mesmeric acoustic refrains, which makes Ella's music so distinctive. Her debut album, 'Murmurations' will be released later this year. Ella began playing in open-mic nights in London when she was a teenager, then busked on the streets of Brighton and Berlin, before returning to London and gigging solo in London venues such as the Union Chapel, the Sebright Arms and the infamous Dona Mezcal bar. Ella will be joined on stage by the gorgeous G-lo, a cellist, composer and sound engineer (recently graduated from Abbey Road Institute).
She focuses on the underground with her selection and you are likely to hear music that you have never heard before. Pinks is someone who always likes to think outside the box which is reflected in her song choice, she interlaces otherworldly breaks & percussion with rolling basslines to take the audience on a novel journey in the rave.
Having played in a range of venues from London’s Peckham Audio to the O2 Academy Bristol Pinks has supported the likes of Hype, Grooverider, Nicky Blackmarket & Micky Finn.
Curated by Ella Clayton, we present another evening of acoustic and DJ sets that amplify inspirational female voices
|18:00 - 01:30||£8.00|
92 Stoke Newington High St, N16 7NY
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.