'Best Club & Bar...' Time Out Awards 2015 + 2016 'Entertainment Club of the Year' Club Awards 2015 Turn onto Phoenix Street, off Charing Cross Road and you should spot the entrance to The Phoenix Arts Club and as Dick Van Dyke said in his best Cockney in Mary Poppins: “That there is what youmight…
RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN COLLABORATIONS
- Phoenix Arts Club
Following his sell-out cabaret Pret a Porter at the Phoenix Arts Club, award-winning vocalist Neil Maxfield returns accompanied again on piano by the talented Ricardo Fernandes. In his new cabaret he explores the lives of Rodgers & Hammerstein, so expect funny anecdotes and popular songs like Some Enchanted Evening and Getting to Know You. The show also looks at the way this iconic pairing collaborated with other composers, writers, arrangers, choreographers, to create some of the most well-known and loved musicals like South Pacific and The Sound of Music.
Neil has been performing from a young age and has performed on the two largest stages in the West End; Theatre Royal Drury Lane (Sweet Charity) and The London Palladium (Solo Artist). He has won first prize in two National singing competitions for Musical Theatre and has spent many years as a professional solo artist and actor, toured a musical show around the North and performed shows off West End. Neil has performed as an actor on the London LIterary Pub Crawl for 5 years and has now created his own walking tour, The West End Musical Theatre Walking Tour, a performance-based tour charting the history of 14 West End theatres with anecdotes about stars and composers with songs. The tour had its 4th anniversary in June. Neil is very excited to be performing at the Phoenix Arts Club again.
Ricardo Fernandes Bio
Ricardo, born in 1999, started his musical studies in Portugal, at the age of 6, where he studied classical piano and percussion. Since moving to the UK, in 2015, his musical direction work has included cabarets with different artists in venues such as The Pheasantry, a Pizza Express Live venue, the Phoenix Arts Club, Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club and PianoWorks West End. He has also been the MD of 2 school productions of Hairspray and Bring It On, currently working on his 3rd, Sister Act. This year he was also the Assistant MD of LaChuisa’s Wild Party at the London College of Music. He is also the current musical director of the Mill Hill Musical Theatre Company (working on their production of Oklahoma!), and the Wokingham Youth Theatre (the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe). Ricardo is currently studying Film Music Composition at the London College of Music and always tries to interlude his composition work with as much live performance as possible.
|Unreserved Seating||19:30 - 21:00||£13.00|
1, Phoenix Street, WC2H 8BU
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.