Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
DJ Nights: Mi Soul Radio
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Dinner & Table Reservations from 17:00 - DJ: 19:00 - 02.00
Join us on the 1st floor and terrace of Boisdale of Canary Wharf for a delicious 2-course meal at £39.50 then watch Mi-Soul DJs from 7 pm will keep you dancing with disco, smooth soul classics, a touch of soulful house and more till 2 am.
Mi-Soul Radio. UK home of Soulful music, which includes Soul, House Jazz, and R&B played by many of the World’s finest presenters and DJs, experts in their field.
The Godfather of Dance Music, Gordon Mac is a highly innovative and successful entrepreneur. He was the first person to succeed in taking a pirate radio station to legalization in the UK, the youngest ever Managing Director of a radio station (1985-1997) and is renowned for creating the Kiss FM brand, Britain’s first dance music station.
A DJ since the age of fourteen, Mike’s love of all things Jazz, Funk and Soul began in the early ’80s when he moved to Magalluf to work at Tokio Joes. The lure of playing records in the sunshine and all the trappings that went with it was too tempting an opportunity for an 18-year-old to turn down so he left his native North Wales and his emersion into music began in earnest.
James has been in the business for over 40 years and began his DJing career in the mid – 70s in nightclubs. The first being Bumbles in Wood Green in 1975, while working for Wheatly Taverns James did a brief spell at Crackers on Friday afternoons with George Power.
Mi-Soul, is a radio station on DAB, online and on app playing Soul, R&B, House and other genres including Hip Hop, Reggae and DnB.
Mi-Soul was founded by Gordon Mac (formerly Kiss FM and Colourful Radio), with long-time business partner Martin Strivens. Having left Colourful in June 2011, Mac launched Mi-Soul as an internet radio station in July 2012.. It commenced broadcasting on the Switch London 2 digital radio network on 27 June 2015.
Mi-Soul presenters and DJs include some of the UK's legendary names, including: Lindsay Wesker, Jazzie B, Jumping Jack Frost, Brandon Block, and Dave VJ (formerly of Kiss); Femi Fem, Mastermind, Greg Edwards, and Keith Lawrence (formerly Capital Radio); George Kay, Calvin Francis, and Natty B (formerly Choice FM); Ronnie Herel, and DJ Bailey (formerly BBC Radio 1Xtra); and Mike Vitti (formerly Jazz FM). Other presenters to have appeared include the late Colin Faver and Paul Trouble Anderson.
Cocktail Bar area, you can try-out several mouth-watering Cocktails as well as a wide selection of Champagnes, Caribbean Rums and over 200 Whisky brands
2-course menu £39.50
BOISDALE of Canary wharf
Jools Holland is Boisdale’s Patron of Music presenting the very best in jazz, blues, reggae and soul and occasionally rock’n’roll. Described as “London’s No 1 jazz venue” by Tatler Magazine, Boisdale of Canary Wharf is a two-floor venue overlooking the fountains of Cabot Square, which comprises an award-winning restaurant, four private dining rooms, The Oyster Bar & Grill, The Cigar Terrace, the world’s most extensive whisky bar (over 1000 malt whiskies!), and a stunning walk-in cigar humidor & shop.
"London's number one jazz venue" Tatler
"Best Whisky Bar in the World" Whisky Magazine
"A carnivore's dream" Evening Standard
"Aged steaks are deemed incredible" Square Meal
"The world's most individualistic style bar & restaurant" Hot Tickets
* Please note that all menus are samples, dishes and prices are subject to change
DJs, 2-course Supper & Entry to the first floor, outdoor terrace and cigar lounge
|17:00 - 22:00||£39.50|
Guest list - free entry
Guest list - free entry
|19:00 - 01:00||Free admission|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.