Heralded for their authentic Texan BBQ, live blues music and top-notch cocktails, The Blues Kitchen brings a dose of the Deep South to Brixton. Spread across two floors, its lively atmosphere owes much to the live blues, roots and soul music that plays every night of the week. With cosy booths, private…
Electric Ladyland 50th Anniversary
In just two years, James Marshall Hendrix had gone from small-time gigging in Greenwich Village to selling out worldwide tours. Despite the difficulties associated with seemingly endless tours and ongoing feudes with managers and band members, Jimi used the peak of his creativity to produce one of rock music's most ambitious and ground-breaking albums: Electric Ladyland. For one night, we'll be reliving this piece of musical genius with a live performance of the entire thing.
In October 1968, upon its release, the eclecticism and unpredictability of this album was what first came to the attention of many of its early listeners. From guitar-powered hits like "Crosstown Traffic" to jazz-infused "Rainy Day, Dream Away", psychedelic trips such as "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)" to classic blues jam "Voodoo Chile", this album has it all.
Clearly a sonic breakthrough to match and beat his previous achievements Are You Experienced and Axis: Bold As Love, Jimi's creativity appears seemingly endless right the way through to side four. This final studio album from such a master innovator before his tragic death can be regarded as a conceptual classic that transcends its time and reflects an unparalleled musical genius in Jimi Hendrix.
The Detroit Players will be reliving this masterful creation with a live performance of the entire album, from "And The Gods Made Love" right the way through to "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)".
For reservations and bookings
020 7274 0591
|General Admission||19:00 - 23:00||£10.50|
40, Acre Lane, SW2 5SP
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.