Ninety One Living Room is a jazz club and cocktail bar with late night music events located at the Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane. Ninety One was based on the idea of an idealistic living room: a good-looking space to kick back and work during the day, dine in the evening, and party into the night…
Jazz Lates: Unknown To Known
- No reviews.
- Ninety One Living Room
AS OF 7TH DECEMBER ALL GUESTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW EITHER PROOF OF A DOUBLE VACCINATION OR A NEGATIVE PCR / LATERAL FLOW TEST TAKEN WITHIN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO ALL EVENTS TO GAIN ENTRY.
Jazz Lates is a series of intimate Jazz events that take place in our wonderful living room. On Saturday 5th of February it is with great pleasure that we welcome Unknown To Known to the living room stage.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Unknown to Known offers an intimate dialogue of meandering melodies and textural grooves over resounding harmonic landscapes. At times euphoric and often dynamic, this music is always interactive, honest and raw.
On woodwinds, Idris Rahman and Tamar Osborn weave together the melodic fabric of this music. Having already released the album “Conversations” together in duo - described by Max Reinhardt from the BBC’s Late Junction as “a revelation” - their lyrical approach gracefully compliments one another, whether they play in unison or counterpoint.
Jihad Darwish oscillates between the sitar, double bass and electric bass, providing a bridge from melodic and harmonic worlds down to earthy, pulsating yet sensitive grooves which Yusuf Ahmed ties together on the drums and various hybrid percussion instruments.
Idris Rahman: Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Flute
Tamar Osborn: Clarinet, Baritone Saxophone, Flute
Jihad Darwish: Sitar, Double Bass, Electric Bass
Yusuf Ahmed: Drums, Percussion
LIVE MUSIC 9PM
|Regular||20:00 - 01:30||£10.00|
|Concession||20:00 - 01:30||£5.00|
Ninety One Living Room, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.