Established in 1887, the Bethnal Green Working Men's Club, east London has been providing nothing but fun and quirky nights since. Just east of Shoreditch, they organise diverse social nights that are sometimes racy, sometimes cultural and always memorable. These have been known to include; book clubs…
THE DOUBLE R CLUB PRESENTS ABSOLUTE ELSEWHERE - PART 4
- No reviews.
- Bethnal Green Working Men's Club
The Double R Club
HEAD FULL OF LIGHTNING,
HAT FULL OF RAIN,
- The Music of TOM WAITS -
Join award-winning cabaret host and emcee Benjamin Louche (“reliably sinister” – Time Out) to celebrate the music of TOM WAITS!
For ONE NIGHT ONLY, join Louche as he delves into the peerless songbook of that barroom balladeer, that junk jazz and blues icon, that superlative storyteller of the squalid and the sublime, TOM WAITS.
Of all the artistes that Louche has covered in his decade + in cabaret, Waits is probably the one he’s sung the most, and definitely one of those closest to his own fractured, gin-soaked, bruised and blackened heart, and as such, this show has been a long time coming.
HEAR tales of inebriated love and loss, of murder and of idiosyncratic personages both obscure and outlandish…
SWAY in the electric soup of Waits’ unmistakable musical language as it washes over you like a sickly wave of pruno and Kool-Aid…
STOMP to the bombastic, metaphysical hymns (and hers), strange songs that wail and roar while you lay dreaming and the world dies screaming…
FEEL your hearts break in your chests, bathe in bourbon as the betrayals come thick and fast, and order one more for the road, hair of the dog that bit you and will likely bite again…
Come witness Louche’s rendering of those “Grim Reapers and Grand Weepers” that have made Waits such an icon throughout the years!
IF YOUR TABLE SIZE ISN'T AVAILABLE PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HELP!
THE EVENT WILL BE HOSTED IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT ADVICE
if have any C-19 symptoms PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN IN AT BGWMC
NO SIGN NO ENTRY
ONE SHOW ONLY!
Doors 7.00 / Show 8.30
Table for 2 - £24 (standard) / VIP upgrade available!
Table for 4 - £48 (standard) / VIP upgrade available!
Table for 6 - £72 (standard) / VIP upgrade available!
Tickets are sold BY THE TABLE -tables will be spaced out to adhere to H&S guidelines, we can only accept a table booking for a maximum of 6 persons.
VIP ticket holders will also receive a goodies, individual agent cooper shots and more.
SEAT FOR 1
<p>this is a SINGLE seat at a SHARED table</p>
|19:00 - 23:00||£12.00|
TABLE FOR TWO
<p>this is a table for two, with general admission for TWO</p>
|19:00 - 23:00||£24.00|
TABLE FOR FOUR
<p>this is a table for four, with general admission for 4</p>
|19:00 - 23:00||£48.00|
TABLE FOR SIX
<p>this is a table for six, with general admission for 6</p>
|19:00 - 23:00||£72.00|
Bethnal Green Working Men's Club, 42 Pollard Row, E26NB
Bethnal Green (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. NO REFUNDS