Home of Angel Comedy, The Bill Murray is a gorgeous Victorian pub with a relaxed ethos, fun atmosphere, and great comedy. Located just off Essex Road, Islington, we're open from 5pm every day, serving quality beers, spirits, soft drinks, crisps, nuts and lollypops. Enjoy a drink before the show, or…
Jools Holland's Hootenanny Comedy Night for 2018
- No reviews.
- The Bill Murray
Join us for the recording of Jools Holland's annual New Year's Eve Hootenanny for 2018 (It’s pre-recorded well in advance)!
Featuring all your favourite artists as you have never seen them before!*
Previous year’s Hootenanny’s have seen Acts like: Prince! Fleetwood Mac! Morrissey! Kanye West! Taylor Swi - Kanye West! - ft! Paul McCartney and the ghost of John Lennon! Two Bruce Springsteens! Kate Bush! Pat Cash! And more!
*Alternative comedians are used as body double doubles for the acts and replaced in post-production.
So join Jools (Tom Crowley) as he introduces music's biggest stars for a new year’s shindig that’s just 11 months and 3 weeks early.
Date: Friday 6th January 2017
Venue: The Bill Murray (formerly the Mucky Pup) 39 Queen’s Head St, Islington, N1 8NQ
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 10.15pm, Start 10.30pm, late night show.
Tickets: £4 advance, £5 on the door (if available)
Featuring the talents of
John Kearns - Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner
Bec Hill - “A powerfully positive attitude that will cheer even the most jaded” **** Chortle
Joz Norris - “An absolute idiot... Simple, silly and screamingly funny”- Fest
Eleanor Morton - “The Poster Girl for Awkward” - Chortle
Adam Larter - “One of the most prolific people in comedy” - Chortle
Lucy Pearman - “sweet and charming and uplifting, and frankly you’ll be hard pressed to find better company” – ***** The Good Review
Matthew Highton - “Highton has the storyteller’s gift”- **** Chortle
Alwin Solanky- a man whose previous act included balancing a biscuit on his head
Plus Andy Barr
“We particularly recommend the chaotic conceptual nights... they’re totally stupid and so much fun” - Time Out
“Awful. Like a group of juvenile teenagers who have been asked to entertain a group of kids” -Previous audience member
“Honestly, the worst night of my life so far… I feel robbed of £3” - Previous Audience member
***This has nothing to do with the actual Jools Holland's Hootenanny and is not a BBC production, I've had 2 people email asking if it is the actual one that goes out on TV. It's definitely not***
|Advance||22:15 - 00:15||£4.00|
The Bill Murray, 39 Queen's Head Street, N1 8NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Line up accurate at time of going to press, acts may need to be replaced by other acts of the same quality in unforeseen circumstances.
14. This night is silly and daft. It's not normal stand up.