- No reviews.
- Exmouth Market Church
An incredible line-up of poets, musicians, spoken word artists and true-life storytellers gather together to start Tellit Festival with a celebration of the various art-forms through which we share our own true tales. Be enthralled, moved, tickled and entertained by those who tell it best.
We've handpicked artists who revel in sharing their personal truths on stage. From poets to storytellers, musicians to diary readers, we want to showcase the many artforms that allow audiences a window into people's lives.
Our line-up includes:
"Paul Cree has the ability to make you feel like it was you who discovered him, like he was speaking to only you when everyone else started clapping, bloody latecomers. An amazing storyteller, with turns-of-phrases to die for and an effortless rhyming flow." Joshua Idehen, Poejazzi
JO BLAKE CAVE
Jo Blake Cave is a performer and theatre maker, working across the disciplines of storytelling, theatre and dance. Her dynamic, poetic performances explore the meeting place between traditional and contemporary practices, taking the form of site-specific events and staged performances for theatre spaces.
Matt Cummins is a spoken word artist, and one-half of the long running London open mic night "Forget What You Heard". He'll be bringing his hip-hop forged, home truth flavoured rhythmic stylings along, so expect primary colours and poems about parents.
Charmaine's work is influenced by clown, love, music and the tragic comedy found in the desperation of heartbreak.
Jane Nash & Dan Milne
Jane & Dan have produced a series of storytelling shows and run Narativ, which provides storytelling training. They will be performing a story from two perspectives in what promises to be an unconventional take on a usual narrative.
Amir Darwish is a British Syrian poet & writer of Kurdish origin. Born in Aleppo & came to Britain as an asylum seeker in 2003. Completed an MA from Durham University before moves to London where currently lives & writes. Published work in the UK, USA, Pakistan, Finland, Turkey & Mexico.”
Will be reading extracts from her teenage diaries drawing inspiration from Helen's monthly 'Dear Diary...' open-mic show she runs at The Canvas Cafe.
A perfect blend of storytelling, pathos and comedy and an truly engaging performer - Jool's delivers his stories in a beautiful and hilarious manner
Tellit Festival is the UK's first ever festival of true-life storytelling featuring a week of shows, events and workshops across London celebrating 'truth' through various art-forms. For full programme information click here
photo credit by Prosperoproducciones (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
|Standard||19:30 - 22:00||£12.00|
Double Bill with 3 Years, 1 Week and a Lemon Drizzle Play
Come see the Lemon Drizzle play at 4pm and then Tellit Best begins at 7pm. A great double bill of shows!
|16:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
Exmouth Market Church Hal Exmouth Market EC1R 4QE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.