LONDON'S LOST RIVERS with Tom Bolton
- No reviews.
- Carlyle's House
When people think of London's rivers, the vast thoroughfare of the Thames immediately springs to mind. But this ancient city was built around other rivers too - and traces of these still remain for those who know where to look.
In this talk, author Tom Bolton unearths a map of hidden waterways that lie beneath our city revealing fascinating anecdotes of the people and events surrounding each location and the story of each hidden river's origins and decline.
Tom Bolton is a writer, researcher and photographer who lives and works in London. He is the author of four books that look at the hidden city and landscape of London and Essex. He is also an urban policy researcher working at Centre for Cities, the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment and the National Trust.
Tickets £15 including a glass of prosecco.
This talk is part of the After Dark series with the National Trust and will be at the historic home of Thomas and Jane Carlyle just a stone's throw from the Thames in Chelsea.
|Salon Ticket Includes a glass of prosecco||18:30 - 20:30||£15.00|
Carlyle's House, 24 Cheyne Row, SW3 5HL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.