North Indian Cookery Class
- The Community Kitchen
Priya Deshingkar brings the authentic tastes from her youth in Delhi, sharing the cooking techniques and flavour combinations that have evolved over centuries so you can prepare a typical homestyle north Indian meal in Brighton.
The menu for this class will cover the techniques for classic Indian dishes which typically includes: bhel puri, paneer makhani (paneer in a creamy, spicy sauce); brown lentil dhal made with fresh, tempered spices; aubergine and yoghurt bharta, pulao (pilaf rice with whole spices) and a cooling yoghurt raita.
Priya will introduce you to the spices, which you will blend yourself, and other ingredients, before showing you how to plan and prepare each dish so you can minimise on time and maximise on taste.
Priya is the owner and founder of Deccan Tiffin, and runs successful Maharani Supperclubs from her home in Hove, as well as pop-ups in Hove and London. Find out more about Priya and the other cooks who teach in the Community Kitchen.
What previous participants said: "A very relaxed atmosphere and Priya was great at answering questions... A great way to relieve stress and recharge batteries." "Fab food and fab teacher." "Will completely transform my attempts at Indian food."
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- hot drinks throughout the session
- a full meal at our sociable dining table (you are welcome to bring your own drinks to enjoy with the meal)
- all recipes from the class.
About the Community Kitchen
The Community Kitchen is a cookery school with a heart, in the heart of Brighton (how to find us). This state-of-the-art teaching kitchen opened in June 2018 and has already earned a reputation for inspirational classes – whether it’s a Masterclass with one of the city’s top chefs, a course in world cuisine or a chance to pick up vital cooking skills. Check out the calendar of events online. Any profits raised from evening & weekend classes support our community activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability. Find out more about how we invest in people, the local community and our wider environment.
Dietary information: The menu for this class includes dairy products, so is suitable for most vegetarian diets. The menu is also gluten-free however we cannot guarantee the kitchen is a fully gluten-free environment. For any other allergies or dietary requirements, please contact us to discuss before booking.
|Ticket||13:30 - 17:30||£49.99|
The Community Kitchen, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.