Chess Club: Exhibition Match
Chess Club: Simultaneous Exhibition
Monday 18th April
7pm - 10pm
In the Lodge
Chess champion Callum Brewer joins us on Monday 18th April in the Lodge for a special chess club event, where he will be challenging you to beat him at a game of chess.
Not satisfied with showing off his skills against just one other player, Callum will be taking part in a simultaneous exhibition, and playing against 20 of you at the same time! Having finished joint 21st in the British chess Championships in 2019 and played in 3 World Championships, Callum’s ECF is 2243, and his FIDE is 2151. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to test your logical and reasoning skills!
To challenge Callum to a match, and be one of the 20 people he plays at once, make sure you book your space!
If chess is your thing, join us every other Monday in our Lodge where we’ll have boards set up for friendly matches. Whether you’re looking to learn a new skill, brush up on old skills or improve your chess ability, join us and meet other like-minded individuals! The next chess club takes place on Monday 4th April – see you there [emoji]
*This exhibition event is free of charge, as are all chess club evenings. Spectators also welcome!
You will need to pay £3 per person in cash on the door - this money will go into the prize pot!
|19:00 - 23:00||Free admission|
Rockwater, Western Esplanade, BN3 4FA
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.