A popular drinking den just shy of London Road, Caroline Of Brunswick is a rock and alternative bar that doubles up as a live comedy and music venue; a cool addition to the already thriving London Road bar scene. These guys have acquired their fourth annual Cask Marque in a row, so it will come as…
Simon Caine - Every Room Is A Panic Room If You Overthink Enough + Guests | Brighton Fringe 2019
- No reviews.
- Caroline Of Brunswick
Simon Caine: Every Room becomes a Panic Room When you overthink enough
Simon Caine is interested in the stories we tell ourselves vs the stories other people hear. Why do we always cast ourselves in the best part in all our stories when we share them online? And what's the truth behind them? A new show looking at our relationship with happiness and social media in an age where attention seems to be wanted over personal growth. Where experiences are only as valuable as the number of likes they get and where anxiety seems to be everywhere and I'm sure there's no link between these things.
Simon Caine has been performing stand up for over 7 years. He’s done over 1,300 gigs and has done 2 Edinburgh Fringe solo shows (full runs) as well as 2 subsequent national tours. This will be his third solo show.
Here’s a list of awards he’s come close to winning: finalist in the Laughing Horse New Act (2014), Reading New Act Competition (2012), You Must Be Joking (2011) as well as a two-time finalist at the London Comedy Store Gong Show.
Quotes from industry / comedians / writers about Simon -
“You’re a more authentic John Oliver” - comedian Doug Stanhope
“That was awesome. I liked it… I don’t know why. But it was great. I’ll have you back” – Mike Manera (Piccadilly Comedy Club)
“What you’re doing is great… the problem is nobody understands it.” – Iain Coyle (Dave TV Comedy Commissioner)
“This is one of the few comedians to make me howl with laughter this year…” – comedian Adam Bloom
NB there will be two previews at this show, but the 2nd is TBC.
|Unreserved seating||19:00 - 21:00||£5.00|
39, Ditchling Road, BN1 4SB
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.