Enjoy a fun-filled cookery experience at the Community Kitchen, with all the ingredients and equipment to make your get-together very special indeed. They love to organise events from birthday celebrations to hen parties and stag do’s in a new cookery school conveniently located on Queens Road near Brighton station. No prior skills or experience required, and there is usually plenty of time to relax and enjoy your creations around the long, shared dining table.
No matter the occasion, the team of experienced chefs will guide you through some amazing foodie fun and feasting to ensure your party is a truly memorable one.
- THE BRUNCH - Create perfect poached eggs and stacked pancakes and enjoy with toasted sourdough, smoked salmon, classic hollandaise sauce and some fizzy cocktails. FROM £39.99PP
- THE BAKE OFF - Face off with friends to find out who will be crowned Top Bakers. Session creating sweet treats such as frangipane and choux buns. FROM £55PP
- THE KNACK - Flex fingers and sharpen knives. Session fashioning dim sum, sushi, pasta or Asian street food. FROM £59.99PP
- THE BLOWOUT - Prepare a delicious and extravagant banquet. Options include Thai, Indian or African cuisine. FROM £69.99PP
- VENUE ONLY - Use the cookery school and large dining area to run your own activities - cook up a meal together or have a private caterer do the hard work for you. FROM £55 per hour (including setup/ clear-up time)
Party prices are based on a minimum of 12 participants but actual capacity can vary due to Covid-19 and depending on event choice. Sessions are usually two or three hours long and adaptable to dietary requirements. Discounts available for weekday events. All prices are inclusive of VAT. BYOB corkage fee is £20 per event, or they can arrange purchase from Brighton Wine Company’s great selection.
The Feel Good Factor:
The Community Kitchen is a social enterprise run by the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership which has 15 years’ experience using food to create positive change in people’s lives. All profits from the Kitchen support community sessions which bring cooking skills to all, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Their team have built up a strong reputation for high standards of cleanliness well before the spread of the coronavirus, but they have now put in place a range of systems and procedures to keep everyone in the building as safe as possible. This includes a strict cleaning regime, improved ventilation, movement guidelines within the space, masks and face shields available for anyone entering the space and helpful advice from their friendly & knowledgeable team for anyone planning an event on site.
- Event Space , Restaurant
- Something a little different , Private party , Chilling with mates
- Town Centre, North Laine
- Happily Affordable ££
- Wheelchair Access, Disabled Toilets
- Background Music
- Booking required
|Monday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Tuesday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Wednesday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Thursday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Friday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Saturday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
|Sunday||8:00||22:00||Private Hire Only.|
The Community Kitchen, Community Base, 113 Queens Road, BN1 3XG
The Community Kitchen can be hired by anyone wishing to organise their own event. The well-equipped kitchen and dining area makes it easy to host a wide range of activities, from family gatherings to supper clubs and dinner parties to video shoots, community bake offs, team building days or entertaining clients.
Cooking and eating brings people together, and is a unique and memorable activity compared to the usual meals out. Pricing is competitive, particularly since hirers can bring their own drinks to enjoy during their event. Sessions typically run for five hours (including any time to setup or clear-up), and prices start from £275.
Just get in touch to discuss your ideas.
Facilities and equipment
The Community Kitchen is fully equipped and spacious with areas for demonstrations, cooking stations and tables for dining/ food preparation. Find out more about the specification and facilities in the Community Kitchen.
Need someone to run cookery activities for you? Have a look at their group activities for ideas about how they can help you create the perfect event.