The winemaker’s choice of whether or not to use oak results in strikingly different wines. We tend to go for light, fresh unoaked white wines like Sauvignon Blanc after the marketplace was flooded by over-oaked Australian Chardonnay, but times are changing! The UK now imports plenty of elegant oaked white & red wine from the new world, and the European classics are still going strong.
Explore your personal taste by comparing the oaked with the unoaked, learn more about what works for you and why, and find out which wines you should look out for in the future.
The "Wine Workshop" series created by Bedales Wines represents a quirky and off-beat approach to wine tasting & education. You do not need to be a novice nor a connoisseur to enjoy these workshops, just an open mind and a thirsty palate! Light nibbles & platters will be shared. Workshop will last approximately 2 hours, based upon guests questions and curiosities.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Bedales Wine Shop, Bars and Tastings are renown for their fabulous selection of fine and interesting, unusual wines. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Beadles of Borough Market: 5 Bedale Street, Borough Market, London. SE1 9AL | T. 020 7403 8853
Bedales of Spitalfields Market: 12 Market St., Spitalfields Market, London. E1 6DT | T. 020 7375 1926
Beadles of Leadenhall Market: 55 Leadenhall Market, London. EC3V 1LT | T. 020 7929 3536