Rumble At The Deli
@ Tom's Deli
Tom's Deli - 226 Westbourne Grove, London, W11 2RH - View Map
Thanks for your request to rep this event.
Here are some other events you may like, or try our What's On search
- Saturday 30th November 2013
- Time: 19:30 - 23:00 (doors at 19:00)
- Price: £55
- Type of event: Something A Little Different, Food & Drink, Date Night
- Music: Not Applicable
- Nearest station: Ladbroke Grove (Tube)
- Minimum age: Over 18
The gloves are off and the knives are out as a stable of talented young London chefs go head-to-head for three rounds of no-holds-barred culinary one-upmanship at Tom Conran’s eponymous Notting Hill hangout, Tom’s Deli.
Swapping blood, sweat, tears and toil for salted butter and olive oil, Shuttlecock Inc. - the team behind Mile High and The Great Indian Peninsula Railway - will transform this West London favourite into an amphitheatre of gastronomic guile and ingenuity.
The rules are simple. Every Wednesday to Saturday for the month of November, two guest chefs will battle it out to see who’s King of the Rings.
Starring in this talented line up of culinary Jake La Mottas will be Shuttlecock Inc.’s ex-Moro prize fighter, Ollie Templeton and his talented team of scrappers, plucked from some of London’s top restaurants (Bocca di Lupo, Trullo, St John, Pétrus) for a shot at the title.
Inspired by the flavours of Italy and using the same raw ingredients bought from the market that morning (no two days will be the same), the two challengers will create their own three-course menu for the evening’s diners, with each course going to a vote when the plates are cleared. Best of three: primo, secondo and dolce.
Hosted by a larger than life MC – “let’s get rrready to rrrumble” – diners can look forward to an evening of high jinx and knockout food. The winner soaks up the applause, the loser washes up the pots and pans.
Your £55 ticket gets you six dishes (a starter, main and pudding from each of the evening’s two chefs), a DISARONNO sour on arrival and a digestivo once the dust has settled. There will be a vegetarian option, but due to the 'live' nature of the event we will sadly not be able to offer 3 small dishes from each chef, but instead a normal size starter, main and pudding. we cannot cater for any other allergies.
Terms & Conditions
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. By purchasing your tickets you accept that you are attending a private party and are responsible for your own safety and allergies at the event.
14. As the ticket buyer you are responsible for letting us know if you or anyone else in your party is a vegetarian. Due to the 'live' nature of the event we will sadly not be able to offer 3 small dishes from each chef, but instead a normal size starter, main and pudding. We cannot cater for any other allergies.