City sips and Holborn halves: a London pub heritage and beer tour
- Chancery Lane Tube Station
A very special and intimate historic pub and beer tour in a fascinating part of London, in the friendly company of one of the capital’s leading beer and pub experts.
Your host for the tour is renowned London beer expert and Accredited Beer Sommelier Des de Moor, author of The CAMRA Guide to London’s Best Beer, Pubs and Bars, tutored tasting host and experienced walk and tour leader.
This walking tour explores the exceptional pubs and hidden corners of the historic part of London between Holborn Viaduct and Blackfriars Bridge, on the banks of the long-covered river Fleet, including Legal London, Fleet Street and the western edge of the City. We pause in four great pubs serving excellent beer including traditional English cask and more contemporary styles.
Most of the pubs are recognised Heritage Pubs with exceptional interiors. We’ll also glance at more historic pubs along the way, as well as numerous other picturesque and interesting sites with historic, literary and architectural interest. You’ll even get to hear the river Fleet — something even most born-and-bred Londoners haven’t done.
Total walking on this tour is around 2 miles (3 km) through easy territory with plenty of stops along the way. Tours operate rain or shine and comfortable shoes and outdoor clothing essential. Maximum group size is eight people. We can also provide this tour as a private booking: contact us for details.
Our price includes:
- Expert guiding and commentary
- Informal tutored tasting and advice on beers to try
- A half-pint of beer per person in each pub.
|Standard ticket||14:00 - 17:00||£30.00|
Chancery Lane Tube Station, High Holborn, London, WC1V 6DR
Chancery Lane (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.