Thelma (believed dead) and Karen (believed to be in China) meet by chance after twenty-five years apart. They reminisce about their friendship but their versions of the past don’t match (e.g. the thing with the ukulele, and the car crash, and the coma). Their delight turns to disgust but as they shun each other a voice offstage joins in the conversation and convinces them to stick around to show them how their lives can be better than ever before.
“Thelma and Louise – and Karen” is a black comedy in two acts that tests the limits of friendship - and what happens next. It blends onstage acting with offstage voicework that is reminiscent of a mildly helpful Greek chorus.
Georgina Tremayne won the New Writing Award at the Leatherhead Drama Festival (2015) for Marie’s Crisis Café (with Julie Fossi in the role of Marie). She won selection and performance at the 24:7 Big Theatre Festival in Manchester (2015) for Madness Sweet Madness. This is the UK premiere of Thelma and Louise – and Karen.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.
12. This production contains some bad language.
The Bread & Roses Theatre
An innovative and award-winning fringe pub theatre in Clapham.