The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Tickets for Rumpus: Glow! go on sale at 12.00pm Wednesday 8th March!
Our recent events have sold out in a mere FOUR days leaving scores of Creatures ticketless. To avoid such dire calamities, prepare to spring into action.
Rumpus: Glow! is paying homage to our venerable venue, the Islington Metalworks; our crucibles are overflowing with mystical metals and lascivious lights of sculptor and long-time Rumpus regular, Susie Olczak, creating an immersive playing field upon which Seasylph Games will unfold a custom live gaming experience from which almost everyone is expected to survive.
Test your mettle in a quest of mesmerising missions and interactive adventures seeded throughout the event. Collect clues and solve puzzles as you journey through the seven rooms of circus acts, live music, DJs and walkabout wonders.
Mix 3 parts Running-Man-Spandex with 2 parts Jetsons-retro-space and a generous dash of molten smolten mysteries!
Dress code suggestions:
Flourescent Fancies, Luminescent Lads, Radiant Romantics, Gladiators of Glow, Smoldering Shamen, LED Ladies, Blazing Battlestars, Glam-glimmer-gamers, Sparkle-tarts, Flashing Futurists, Twinkling Teasers, Soldering Spacemen, Irradiated Indigents.
(More Acts to follow week by week)
The Carny Villians – Stomp, swing and skank your hearts out with these riotous musical troupers
Crash Nomada – fizzing wild folk with rock-charged punk energy that will bounce you off the walls.
Roustabouts – Devilishly dandy DJs with a most pleasing penchant for the decadent and diverse
Nick T - diverse dance mixes that are toe-tapplingly tantalising!
Sacha Dieu - veritable king of electro-swing!
Happy Slaps Boutique - Confirm your belief in the power of partying! Bounce, pop and drop with these musical creatures!
Seas of Mirth – Cut your souls adrift with these nautically naughty, raucous corsairs aboard their mighty galleon of sound.
Colomboloco – Fun, frivolous and ballsy, dance like dervishes with these international wantons.
Mister Nice - The DJ that is so succulent, sweet, lovely and nice, we just had to have him back!
Bert's Pick of the Pops - We asked the custodial staff at Rumpus if anyone could DJ and to our surprise Bert the Caretaker said he and his Missus were mobile DJs in the 70's. So they've dragged his gear out of the attic to play the Pick of the Pops from the 60's and 70's. Let's just hope he forgot to pack the Disco.
Room 4 - The Cake Room
Old Hat Jazz Band – Happy-making music, proper old skool !
Room 5 - The Courtyard
DJ the Alchemist brings you a gaggle of glorious DJs to keep you happily hopping and jauntily jigging in our infamous indoor outdoor space.
Room 6 - The Wonderland Café
Revel in the ineffable lightness of being. Tea and cakes with these magical and charitable Wonderland creatures.
Room 7 - Rumpus Cine-Rave
Light up and shine with mad visuals and fresh beats from VJ Harper
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£18.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|General Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
7 Torrens St EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.