GETTING HIGH WITH THE MOST HIGH: Drugs in the Bible with Danny Nemu
- The Century Club
This salon is part of the Psychedelic Series at London's exclusive Century Club
Nearly all of the plants listed here in the Song of Songs contain known psychoactive compounds, and the combination of some of them into the holy massage oil described in Exodus reveals that the ancient Hebrews were adept at working with synergies and enzyme-inhibition to trigger powerful psychedelic experiences.
In this talk, historian Danny Nemu reveals the presence of several other mind-bending preparations in the bible. These include temple incense containing opioid-receptor and GABA-receptor agonists, dopamine boosters and other psychoactive chemicals. Lastly Danny will discuss the enigma of manna and the collective synaesthetic vision at Mount Sinai. Nemu will be giving out doses of the sacraments with messianic abandon.
Danny is the author of two of the Psychedelic Press' bestsellers - Science Revealed and Neuro-Apocalypse. He is an expert on the Bible, mining its historic, poetic and linguistic layers for all kinds of surprising gems, including sophisticated preparations of drug such as cannabis and analogues of both MDMA and LSD. He delivers talks widely and engagingly, sometimes even hotboxing the auditorium with the psychocative incenses of Exodus to recreate the tabernacle!
Getting High with the Most High
Soho Series at the Century
|18:30 - 20:30||£12.00|
The Century Club, 61 - 63, Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 6LQ
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.