Tsitsit Jewish Fringe Festival presents : Buenos Klezmer & Kramer Durcan Duo + Friends
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
We are so thrilled to host one of many events for the 2021 Tsitsit Jewish Fringe Festival with not one but two, fantastic acts celebrating the rich history of Jewish music from traditional folk to the world of jazz.
Vocalist Maya Levy weaves a fascinating tale of these long-ago worlds while clarinettist Livia Frankish wails, guitarist Eyal Pik serenades and cellist Mayda Narvey straddles the support of stand up bass and the interweaving melodies. The band's debut in 2019 saw them playing to sold-out audiences with standing room only - don't miss this vibrant ensemble's return to the live stage!
The Kramer Durcan Duo & Friends explore the music and influence of Jews in Jazz, and their contribution to The Great American Songbook.
Come prepared to laugh, cry and stomp your feet!
The Kramer Durcan Duo's partnership began on a Eurostar train to London in 2004, when Miriam Kramer and Nicholas Durcan were each returning from separate performances in Paris. Their performances have taken them to Hong Kong, USA, the Middle East, New Zealand and across Europe. They have performed at London's South Bank, Wigmore Hall, St. John's Smith Square and Kings Place. Future performances include recitals in South Africa, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Cincinnati and across Israel. They will also be releasing a new recording of their own arrangements of music by Gershwin. The Kramer Durcan Duo will joined onstage at Toulouse Lautrec by bassist Steve Rossell and Hamish Birchall on drums, to explore the world of Jews in Jazz - some went to Europe, some went to America, and their music formed a large part of The Great American Songbook.
Doors: 7:00pm / Show: 8:30 - 11:00pm
|19:30 - 22:00||£15.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.