Fliss Gorst Quintet ft Lauren Bush
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
The long-time collaborator of Fliss is definitely one to watch. Launching her second album, Dream Away, at the end of last year, produced by the jazz luminary, Ian Shaw, her voice gets the absolute best acknowledgment with arrangements that show off her skills and deep understanding of the tunes she sings. Shaw was also the producer for her debut, 2016 album All My Treasures which received great critical acclaim.
Known for her charm, and impeccable timing, get ready to be awed by one of Europe’s rising contemporary stars.
Lauren is a resident singer of the Fliss Gorst Band - an originals win band that tours around the UK. She sings on their debut album called The Place for Me that came out in 2018. While starting to build a reputation for herself in the UK, Lauren has also built ties in other parts of Europe. She has a regular partnership with "La JazzLife Associazione" in northern Italy where she travels regularly to sing with her Italian quartet, performing with some of Italy's best musicians.
ABOUT FLISS GORST
Devon born musician Fliss Gorst graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire in 2007. After performing on cruise ships Fliss moved to London in 2011 and has since become a regular on the city’s music scene. She enjoys success as a saxophonist, band leader, composer, arranger and teacher. Fliss leads her own band, popular swing outfit 'The Fliss Gorst Band'. The band's debut album 'The Place For Me' reached number 6 in the iTunes jazz chart in March 2018 alongside a sell out launch at Pizza Express Jazz Club, Dean Street. FGB have held a residency at Poppies of Camden since 2013 and have performed on the main stage at Ronnie Scott’s as well as countless other venues across the country. In 2013 Fliss scored the show ‘Celebrating Bond’ featuring James Bond themes from past and present. The show’s debut performance sold out The Hippodrome Casino, Leicester Square and continues to tour.
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time
|20:30 - 23:00||£16.00|
Watch at Home (Online Only)
Watch LIVE or LATER from the comfort of your own home.
|20:30 - 23:00||£12.50|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.