Helena Debono & James Hudson present: 'The Great Duet Songbook' featuring the music of Ella & Louis
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Helena Debono and James Hudson present their brand new show 'The Great Duet Songbook' featuring some of their favourite jazz standards. This show celebrates the music and musical partnership of the one-and-only Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. Expect to hear new and fresh arrangements of your all-time favourite jazz standards from not one, but two amazing vocal talents!
From South West London comes Helena Debono, a young Jazz/Soul/Pop vocalist. She has been captivating audiences with her emotional renditions of Jazz standards and her own original music since she was a teenager. Her natural, effortless vocals have already received acclaim amongst the UK Jazz scene and leaves audiences wanting to hear more. In July 2021 Helena released her debut album called ‘Right Here’ which is a mix of Jazz standards and her own originals. The album received great reviews and has over 30k streams on Spotify. She has performed at many venues including Ronnie Scotts, Pizza Express Soho and Holborn, Cheltenham Jazz Festival, Manchester Jazz Festival and many more. Helena graduated with a BA (hons) first class degree in Jazz Music from Leeds College of Music. Helena became the Female vocalist for The National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) in 2019, during this time she was interviewed by Emma Smith for BBC Radio 3 “Jazz Now”. She is now the Vocal Coach for NYJO. Helena has also performed with bands such as 'London Gay Big Band' and 'The Puppini Sisters'. More recently, Helena has been working with Ivor Novello Award Winner Charlie Bates writing music for his Big Band.
'Absolutely Beautiful'- Mark Dezzani (Radio Caroline) 'Something Special'- Alan Raw (BBC Introducing)
‘Helena’s singing displays great musicality, relaxed beauty of tone and, of course, that immaculate timing.’- Andrew Cartmel (London Jazz News)
London-based jazz vocalist James Hudson is a rising star on the UK jazz scene. An assured and charming performer, James has a natural affinity with an audience and an outstanding voice that undoubtedly sets him apart as a singer at the top of his game.
His debut album ‘TOMORROW’, released in February 2021, provides the perfect showcase for his tasteful phrasing, accomplished interpretive ability and passion for jazz standards. The album received widespread critical acclaim, gaining exceptional reviews, international media coverage and air-time across national radio stations such as BBC and Jazz FM.
In-demand at many of the UK’s most respected jazz clubs, James has performed to sold-out crowds at the world-famous Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club, Pizza Express Jazz Club Soho, Crazy Coqs and has appeared at the EFG London Jazz Festival, Leeds Jazz Festival, Wigan International Jazz Festival and the Snape Proms. Guesting with some of the top big bands and orchestras in the industry, James has travelled all over the world to sing - appearing in Spain, India, Norway, Egypt, Malta and Monte Carlo.
Doors Open 1 Hour before Start Time
|20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
1) Admission tickets are non-refundable within 72 Hours of the event as standard.
2) Live Stream tickets are not eligible for refunds. Your live stream can be viewed at a later time if you are unable to watch it live.
3) If you are unable to attend you are welcome to transfer them to a friend in your name.
4) Please check your tickets are correct for the event you are attending as changes cannot be made
5) On busy nights small groups of 1-2 people may be required to share your table with one other small group.
6) Seating is unreserved and on a 1st come, 1st served basis; please arrive early if you have a preference.
7) Once the performance has begun, we reserve the right to fill any empty seats with people who are on our waiting list or at the door. Late arrivals will still be permitted however you may be asked to stand at the back until seating can be provided at such time.
8) Certain events require a non-talking or quiet audience. You may be asked to leave or move to the outdoor terrace should you wish to talk to avoid disrupting the experience of our other attendees.
9) Video Recording & Photography is encouraged. Please refrain from using flashes or strong lights as they risk harming our performers.
10) Attendees under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult unless the event is strictly for over 18.
11) We operate a Check-21. If you are lucky enough to appear younger than 21 you may be asked for photographic ID.
12) Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the performer or promoter for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled you will be emailed to provide you the option to attend a rescheduled date or request a full refund.
13) Tickets are sold subject to the promoter's or performer's right to alter or vary the programme due to the events or circumstances beyond their control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
14) The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons.
15) The promoter & venue management accepts no responsibility for any personal property.